Moisture in Headlights

RVA_ZR2

Reaction score
27,000 miles and have my first ever complaint with the ZR2: moisture in my headlight casings. Everything works, just looks bad and can’t be good in the long run. Anyone seen this issue before on these rigs? Usually I dont see it in any vehicles less than 20 years and 200k old!

Attachments

• IMG_5407.jpeg
    IMG_5407.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5403.jpeg
    IMG_5403.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5402.jpeg
    IMG_5402.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 27
27,000 miles and have my first ever complaint with the ZR2: moisture in my headlight casings. Everything works, just looks bad and can’t be good in the long run. Anyone seen this issue before on these rigs? Usually I dont see it in any vehicles less than 20 years and 200k old!
no issues yet. that sucks considering how expensive they are. start looking for replacements.

Get them replaced under warranty.

Sometimes just pointing into the bright sun can evaporate it, but if it stays for a long time it can lead to photo etching in the plastic, which won't look good and will cloud the lens.
True...but if moisture got in, that's a bad sign there is a breach in the seal and that it must be replaced.

I would pursue warranty, hit an owl and blew a hole in my driver side headlight assembly and just the part is $1300 through GM.

And it took the dealer right at a month to even get one…pending installation now.

I would pursue warranty, hit an owl and blew a hole in my driver side headlight assembly and just the part is $1300 through GM.

And it took the dealer right at a month to even get one…pending installation now.
I cracked my taillight yesterday backing my trailer up. Looks like that'll set me back about $350. They say there is a $50 core charge too. A couple websites show inventory, but want to make sure I get the right one from local dealer. That's the price of not paying attention.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back