Mud flaps

Jtdean315

Reaction score
Hello, after ordering months ago, I’m finally picking up my glacier blue ZR2 tonight! I didn’t really pay attention too much on test drive the other night and pictures are misleading, but it doesn’t seem to have mudflaps. Can anyone confirm whether is does or doesn’t and what you put on if not?

Hello, after ordering months ago, I’m finally picking up my glacier blue ZR2 tonight! I didn’t really pay attention too much on test drive the other night and pictures are misleading, but it doesn’t seem to have mudflaps. Can anyone confirm whether is does or doesn’t and what you put on if not?
It does not. Haven't found a pair that's compatible yet. Only really need the front, many to keep mud of side steps and a little up the rockers. The back is not too bad, maybe under rocker is worse.

I bought these from Rek gen.. Lots of different options and lengths to choose from..

Attachments

• 67458D26-D86B-45A5-BE2E-EEC5DB08DC51.png
    67458D26-D86B-45A5-BE2E-EEC5DB08DC51.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 512
I'd be down for anything that doesn't require making holes where there aren't already. Some makers force you to do this.

You do not need to make new holes, it comes with a bracket that clips on to the inner fender if needed.. All on their site explaining this.. I too would not drill holes..

I really just want front flaps. Something minimal. Molded matched ones would be nice.

I think they match pretty well, and are nice quality
How did you get them installed with fender flare?
Did you remove fender flare or install on top of fender flare?
I ordered these as well. Confused on best way to install
Thanks.

How did you get them installed with fender flare?
Did you remove fender flare or install on top of fender flare?
I ordered these as well. Confused on best way to install
Thanks.
There’s detailed instructions with them but basically the front utilize the two bottom screws and then there’s a clip for the fender flare. Same with the back except the screws are not side by side but more stacked. Kind of a weird design with the clips but it works and prevents any drilling

There’s detailed instructions with them but basically the front utilize the two bottom screws and then there’s a clip for the fender flare. Same with the back except the screws are not side by side but more stacked. Kind of a weird design with the clips but it works and prevents any drilling
Ok. I saw the k structions where clip attached to fender lip if no fender flare, wasn’t sure if it would work on fender flare as well.
Thanks.

Hey jtdean! I just picked up my ZR2 a couple weeks ago and ordered some RekGen flaps (Trophy sport for Silverado 2019+) upon seeing this thread. Just curious how you fastened the front flap most inner holes....I think they are referenced as "location C". There is no mounting screw on the truck at that location for attachment. Did you just leave those locations loose, or did you zip a screw into that lower cowl plastic piece? To backtrack a bit, I think you may have ordered the universal flaps....if so, how do the mounting holes in those work? Do you just drill holes in the flaps in the screw locations and then use the fender clamp? Any insight is appreciated!!!

Also, an FYI for this group, I also ordered RokBlokz for the 2019+ Silverado thinking they would probably work... They DO NOT!!! The front brackets they provide do not work for the ZR2, and the rear brackets they provide are wayyy incompatible. They are not returnable, so I guess I took one for the team.

Hey jtdean! I just picked up my ZR2 a couple weeks ago and ordered some RekGen flaps (Trophy sport for Silverado 2019+) upon seeing this thread. Just curious how you fastened the front flap most inner holes....I think they are referenced as "location C". There is no mounting screw on the truck at that location for attachment. Did you just leave those locations loose, or did you zip a screw into that lower cowl plastic piece? To backtrack a bit, I think you may have ordered the universal flaps....if so, how do the mounting holes in those work? Do you just drill holes in the flaps in the screw locations and then use the fender clamp? Any insight is appreciated!!!

Also, an FYI for this group, I also ordered RokBlokz for the 2019+ Silverado thinking they would probably work... They DO NOT!!! The front brackets they provide do not work for the ZR2, and the rear brackets they provide are wayyy incompatible. They are not returnable, so I guess I took one for the team.
Are you sure you don’t have the front and back mixed up? The ones I bought were 2019+ “Merica” Chevy and all the holes line up great and you also use the clips for the fender flares. They were not the universal

Are you sure you don’t have the front and back mixed up? The ones I bought were 2019+ “Merica” Chevy and all the holes line up great and you also use the clips for the fender flares. They were not the universal
Thanks for the reply, Jtdean! I confirmed I don’t have the front/back mixed up. The rear flaps line up without issue. The front flaps line up with two bolts but they have a third hole towards engine bay…the truck doesn’t have a fastener there. Maybe I can get by without using that hole if yours only mounted with the fender clamp and two bolts near lower fender. Pics attached. Appreciate your time!!!
736BE213-E1AB-4B60-BA82-2F09C7743BBA.jpeg
19F1D9B2-9945-42D9-AC03-432BC51AE5B1.jpeg
8B9E071A-437E-4214-9A97-91C12216DCA6.jpeg

Thanks for the reply, Jtdean! I confirmed I don’t have the front/back mixed up. The rear flaps line up without issue. The front flaps line up with two bolts but they have a third hole towards engine bay…the truck doesn’t have a fastener there. Maybe I can get by without using that hole if yours only mounted with the fender clamp and two bolts near lower fender. Pics attached. Appreciate your time!!!View attachment 827View attachment 828View attachment 829
You only use two holes per mud flap so you did it correctly

Went with weather Tec. Was looking and really liked rek gens, but can’t justify the coin. Weather Tecs fit well and easy to install. Around $50 I think

Most Member Reactions

Back