Multi flex tailgate

pcarpenter

Reaction score
New owner. Love my ZR2 (although I can't believe there aren't pre-wired aux switches).

QUESTION: Is the inner tailgate supposed to open with a single push of the button? I press mine and hear a click, but it won't open unless I press the button a second time. I assume this isn't normal?

New owner. Love my ZR2 (although I can't believe there aren't pre-wired aux switches).

QUESTION: Is the inner tailgate supposed to open with a single push of the button? I press mine and hear a click, but it won't open unless I press the button a second time. I assume this isn't normal?
My inner unlocks 1 press top button. My lower opens tailgate 1 press.

It might be in lock mode or confused. Hold the button down for several seconds to lock, taillights will flash. Hold it down for several seconds to unlock. Then trry it again to see if it's back to a normal cycle.

There's a recall on the tailgate lock.too. might wanna check your VIN for that.

It might be in lock mode or confused. Hold the button down for several seconds to lock, taillights will flash. Hold it down for several seconds to unlock. Then trry it again to see if it's back to a normal cycle.

There's a recall on the tailgate lock.too. might wanna check your VIN for that.
Another feature not mentioned to much is if you hold both buttons same time till taillights flash. It will deactivate top section so you can’t accidentally drop it out into trailer ball/hitch . Reverse pressing both buttons till tail lights flash to reactivate top again 😀

if you hold both buttons same time till taillights flash. It will deactivate top section so you can’t accidentally drop it out into trailer ball/hitch . Reverse pressing both buttons till tail lights flash to reactivate top again 😀
Actually it is just the top button, it may work if you hold both buttons, but the top one is the one that does the work, per the manual, and per my experience using this feature often.

1712770703317.png

Actually it is just the top button, it may work if you hold both buttons, but the top one is the one that does the work, per the manual, and per my experience using this feature often.

View attachment 11981
Thanks for update. I went out and tried it and works as described. Silly salesman had me wasting a extra finger 🤪

Silly salesman had me wasting a extra finger 🤪
Amen to that, I have yet to ever find a salesperson that knew as much about the vehicles I buy as I do, I research the crap out of them before I ever set foot in the dealership, it does help that today the manuals are usually online for casual reading. It was a real schooling for my salesperson when I got the ZR2, they kept saying over and over, 'wow, I didn't know about that' every time I showed them something about the model. Kind of funny, kind of not. 🤷‍♂️

Anyone ever swap for a multiflex tailgate? I currently don't have one and am considering the swap on my 22'.
I really wanted a Flex for my 2020. Searched high and low and nothing. I haven't found a parts guy at any GM dealer that is actually a fan or even interested in knowing what works or what doesn't.
Just part slingers.
I even thought about getting a part time JoB at a dealer just to get the inside scoop but I require too many accommodations.

I really wanted a Flex for my 2020. Searched high and low and nothing. I haven't found a parts guy at any GM dealer that is actually a fan or even interested in knowing what works or what doesn't.
Just part slingers.
I even thought about getting a part time JoB at a dealer just to get the inside scoop but I require too many accommodations.
i would check junk yard for late model front hit. you still have to research software update.

Reactions: AXE
We all wish you could get a job there so we could get a huge discount on GM parts. Please get hired soon. Don’t worry about the accommodations you won’t need to work to long, maybe just only one year.
All I asked for was 3 baskets of fresh fruit within 5 feet of my cubicle, a company car with a minimum of 400HP and a $15,000 sign on bonus available 3 weeks prior to my start date.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back