Need help to get paint fixed

ZR2Hopeful

Reaction score
I bought my ZR2 almost a year ago and thanks to this forum I knew what problems to look for. Sure enough the day it arrived on the showroom floor it had the peeling paint on all 4 doors, front bumper and hood. I was assured that I could bring the truck back anytime and they would fix. Now I'm trying to get it fixed and am getting a bit of a run around "Getting GM to do a paint warranty is like an act of congress". For anyone who has had this repaired done: can you tell me how your dealership handled this? How did the repair turn out? I know this has been covered on here in my threads, I'm just trying to get as much helpful info on one thread about the repair process from start to finish. Thanks for any help you can give.

Reactions: AXE
I just got mine back from having the hood done (chipping where the hood and faux hood scoop meet). It’s a 2022 with 13,500 miles. I got the bulletin number for the hood issue from this forum, posted in another thread by Gearhead I believe. I took that to the dealership auto body / repair manager, he pulled it up on his computer, looked at my truck, agreed that was the problem, and did it under warranty, no questions asked. I just signed a sheet of paper. They did a solid job from what I can tell.

Reactions: AXE
I bought my ZR2 almost a year ago and thanks to this forum I knew what problems to look for. Sure enough the day it arrived on the showroom floor it had the peeling paint on all 4 doors, front bumper and hood. I was assured that I could bring the truck back anytime and they would fix. Now I'm trying to get it fixed and am getting a bit of a run around "Getting GM to do a paint warranty is like an act of congress". For anyone who has had this repaired done: can you tell me how your dealership handled this? How did the repair turn out? I know this has been covered on here in my threads, I'm just trying to get as much helpful info on one thread about the repair process from start to finish. Thanks for any help you can give.
Get GM Customer Service involved. It's interesting that sometimes they respond quicker to posts on social media. Also may want to check a couple more dealers and see if you get a service advisor to go to bat for you.

This shouldn't be an issue on a new truck. Total BS. Good luck!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back