Order at dealer to GM acceptance time

Kel

Reaction score
Going on 7 weeks now since the dealer accepted my order and waiting on GM to accept.

What is reasonable time for this step?

As an example, I'm 2nd in line for dealer allocation expected to open in Feb, hopefully. Then GM will pull in the order hopefully not too long thereafter. Hopefully I'll be flying to MI for pickup this summer or sooner unless I decide to have the truck shipped to my home. I prefer a little adventure drive from MI to AZ - HOPEFULLY ;)

Does the dealer have an allocation? Is anything in your order in restraint? All sorts of factors, no way of knowing.
Sure I get there are lots of variables just wanted to know what folks experienced. This dealer is in DFW and is a high volume dealer. I’m getting the gasser and he said that should help with their allocations.

As an example, I'm 2nd in line for dealer allocation expected to open in Feb, hopefully. Then GM will pull in the order hopefully not too long thereafter. Hopefully I'll be flying to MI for pickup this summer or sooner unless I decide to have the truck shipped to my home. I prefer a little adventure drive from MI to AZ - HOPEFULLY ;)
Thanks for the response. When did you order with your dealer? How did they come to tell you that you are second in line?

Thanks for the response. When did you order with your dealer? How did they come to tell you that you are second in line?
Preliminary order entered first week of Jan. I asked dealer if they had an open to order for me (and if not, a realistic timeframe) which is when I was told I was second in line with a hopeful Feb timeframe for them to receive an allocation for me. We'll see how this unfolds. Dealer also indicated they would let me know when this occurs prior to GM pulling in the order just in case I change from a ZR2 to the Bison. I plan to mount a Four Wheel Campers Hawk in the bed so am looking to maximize CCC.

I recently sold my 2015 RAM 2500 CC w/6.7 (100k miles) and lots of AEV goodies installed which pulled our 28' Airstream like a dream. Hence, reason for new truck and trying something different. Sure loved that Cummins.

My order went in on 9/14 got an allocation end of October was built on 12/13 arrived at dealer last Thursday picked it up on Monday . Only ZR2 allocation my dealer has received for a chevy they sell gmc also and received one for one of those as well .

GM is Broken!
Good luck on getting a truck the way you want it.
I started in November of 2021 and placed 4 orders that never were received! Settled with a Trail Boss with the 3.0 diesel. It was a total piece of crap. From exhaust leaking in the cab to tons of metal in the oil and burning 3 quarts of oil in less than 5k miles.
The dealer said he would make it right with me but instead sold me a lot ZR2 at a loss of over 20k..lol When I told him no way he stated that my 22.5 was already sold!
He and the dealership are scumbag!
To top it off my 23 ZR2 was missing the spare and the dealer refused to get.
No I will never buy another vehicle from them again. To top things off I complained to GM and all I got was sorry about your luck.. You can't make this stuff up ! I'm stuck with junk that vibrates in low rpm do to DFM. Was told by a different dealer it's normal... I'm sure not all have had such bad luck.

GM is Broken!
Good luck on getting a truck the way you want it.
I started in November of 2021 and placed 4 orders that never were received! Settled with a Trail Boss with the 3.0 diesel. It was a total piece of crap. From exhaust leaking in the cab to tons of metal in the oil and burning 3 quarts of oil in less than 5k miles.
The dealer said he would make it right with me but instead sold me a lot ZR2 at a loss of over 20k..lol When I told him no way he stated that my 22.5 was already sold!
He and the dealership are scumbag!
To top it off my 23 ZR2 was missing the spare and the dealer refused to get.
No I will never buy another vehicle from them again. To top things off I complained to GM and all I got was sorry about your luck.. You can't make this stuff up ! I'm stuck with junk that vibrates in low rpm do to DFM. Was told by a different dealer it's normal... I'm sure not all have had such bad luck.
Oh man that’s a horror story. Sorry you had to go through that. I had a similar experience with a Pontiac Grand Prix in the early ‘90s. Got to a point I just wanted out and sold it at a loss.

Preliminary order entered first week of Jan. I asked dealer if they had an open to order for me (and if not, a realistic timeframe) which is when I was told I was second in line with a hopeful Feb timeframe for them to receive an allocation for me. We'll see how this unfolds. Dealer also indicated they would let me know when this occurs prior to GM pulling in the order just in case I change from a ZR2 to the Bison. I plan to mount a Four Wheel Campers Hawk in the bed so am looking to maximize CCC.

I recently sold my 2015 RAM 2500 CC w/6.7 (100k miles) and lots of AEV goodies installed which pulled our 28' Airstream like a dream. Hence, reason for new truck and trying something different. Sure loved that Cummins.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I have a 2011 3500 dual wheel Ram with the Cummins that I’m keeping to tow with 110k miles. I ordered in December and still waiting. I’m at stage 1100 which means dealer accepted the order. Hopefully it isn’t much longer.

My order went in on 9/14 got an allocation end of October was built on 12/13 arrived at dealer last Thursday picked it up on Monday . Only ZR2 allocation my dealer has received for a chevy they sell gmc also and received one for one of those as well .
Thank you for this timeline. It feels like I’m on a similar path.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I have a 2011 3500 dual wheel Ram with the Cummins that I’m keeping to tow with 110k miles. I ordered in December and still waiting. I’m at stage 1100 which means dealer accepted the order. Hopefully it isn’t much longer.
Same stage 1100 awaiting dealer allocation.

Is there not any in inventory? I wouldn't wait on a dealer to get an allocation. It could be a week it could be 4 months. I just found one in inventory and went and got it.

I haven't had great luck ordering. I ordered a At4 back in 22. Options kept getting put on restraint. After two months order still wasn't picked up. Found a dealer with a ZR2 allocation. Ordered it, waited 4-5 months and still no truck. Then I just bought one out of inventory. By the time my order showed up, I had like 5k on my ZR2, lol. I decided to get a HD. Called around found one and drove 500 miles to get it. Took one day to go get it and bring it home. Sure beats 4-5 months IMO

Is there not any in inventory? I wouldn't wait on a dealer to get an allocation. It could be a week it could be 4 months. I just found one in inventory and went and got it.

I haven't had great luck ordering. I ordered a At4 back in 22. Options kept getting put on restraint. After two months order still wasn't picked up. Found a dealer with a ZR2 allocation. Ordered it, waited 4-5 months and still no truck. Then I just bought one out of inventory. By the time my order showed up, I had like 5k on my ZR2, lol. I decided to get a HD. Called around found one and drove 500 miles to get it. Took one day to go get it and bring it home. Sure beats 4-5 months IMO
I might wind up there. Not in any particular hurry though. Im looking at very few options so a bit picky on keeping it simple. And will be using supplier pricing. I don’t think all dealers honor that so could be a hurdle. The dealer I ordered from does honor supplier pricing and they are a very high volume dealer so we will see on the timing.

There's inventory in Phoenix. Come and get one!

So far I have not found this to be valid for the truck I want but will keep an open mind and keep looking.
Call Joe Livingston at Sands Chevrolet in Surprise. He'll get you what you need.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back