Order at dealer to GM acceptance time

If anyone is on the fence here is a good contender and it's available in the Black Edition. There is also a forum.

Plus great gas milage since that's number 1 priority for ZR2 purchases.
My uncle drives one and loves it I know a few retired guys driving them.

He also still drives my grandmas 1982 Datsun. That Datsun has done more work than most guy's 2500HDs, including hauling my dirt bikes in the mid 80s.

Don't me nervous. My HD has been perfect so far. Some have issues, most don't. Plus side is the HDs all come from the Flint plant vs all the 1500s come out of Mexico. Might not really matter, but personally I feel a little better about it.
View attachment 10098
I don't really think many problems with the trucks are related to assembly whether in USA, Canada, or Mexico. They are all working from the same playbook.

I think it's primarily with design/specifications, manufacturing of parts, and software. That's 95% of the problems reported, all this plastic trim, poor quality electronic parts, software problems are born well before the few hours that truck runs through assembly.

Parts are sourced from numerous vendors and I am not sure if they have a handle on QC. That's why you get bad lifters, crank bearings, and FPCM. Should be a slam dunk, but sometimes they miss the layups.

GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) term was coined in the early days of computing and remains a key factor in processes today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240209_062427_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240209_062427_Gallery.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 11
If you’re on the East Coast, the dealership in Tampa has good inventory. My boss wanted to buy local and is playing the waiting game now. Placed his order early November and still no allocation.

AL dealer came through with a good discount off MSRP. Picking up truck 3/1 for a little adventure drive home to AZ.

Dealer photo after side steps install (I prefer these over the auto retracting). Ready for pickup Friday. Dark Essentials on backorder so I'll swap out the badging later. CCC is just shy of 3k lbs.

ZR2.jpg

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back