Order at dealer to GM acceptance time

Call Joe Livingston at Sands Chevrolet in Surprise. He'll get you what you need.
Thanks. I'll try Joe as well to see what shakes out. My guess is no open allocations and no price match plus dealer adds but we'll see. Maybe I'm dead wrong ;)

Contacted Joe and sent him my build. Stay tuned.
He is a good guy to work with. He'll always go back to the pit with the deal you offer. I'm pretty sure they got a couple in stock. Did he say if they had any?

He is a good guy to work with. He'll always go back to the pit with the deal you offer. I'm pretty sure they got a couple in stock. Did he say if they had any?
Good to know as I assumed so with your recommendation. I sent him the build last night and MI dealer pricing (where I currently have an order in GMWB) which I presume will be challenging/impossible?? to match. More to come.

Good to know as I assumed so with your recommendation. I sent him the build last night and MI dealer pricing (where I currently have an order in GMWB) which I presume will be challenging/impossible?? to match. More to come.
Yeah. I got a fast build from them and had an instant allocation with a high priority. Got about 5% off MSRP.

I’m finally at 2000 now with GM accepting the order.

Yall are marking me nervous about this purchase with all these quality issues.

Reactions: AXE

That's the manufacturing standard now. Build it cheap, fix some along the way, maintain and replace it more often, get it to market, maximize profit, use the consumer......repeat! It's not just vehicles, it's many products from manufacturers you used to trust. Products that cost $100 to 10s of thousands of $. If at the end of 5 years your 80% happy, that's as good as it gets nowadays. I'm still wondering why I keep trying to do better and be reliable. Nobody values integrity, so it's not rewarded anyway.

Last edited:
That's the manufacturing standard now. Build it cheap, fix some along the way, maintain and replace it more often, get it to market, maximize profit, use the consumer......repeat! It's not just vehicles, it's many products from manufacturers you used to trust. Products that cost $100 to 10s of thousands of $. If at the end of 5 years your 80% happy, that's as good as it gets nowadays. I'm still wondering why I keep trying to do better and be reliable. Nobody values integrity, so it's not rewarded qnyway.
Very well said!

Yeah. I got a fast build from them and had an instant allocation with a high priority. Got about 5% off MSRP.
Update:

AZ dealer says I'll know by Thu about any possible allocation. This would be the best option not to have to travel.

In the meantime, I still have an order with the MI dealer in 1100 status awaiting their allocation. Not a good communicator, unfortunately.

AND....

I just found a truck in 3800 status built and waiting to be shipped to a dealer in AL who is holding it for me.

My truck of choice is the non-Bison ZR2 2500 (for max payload) in Slate Grey pretty well loaded.

Stay tuned!

Update:

AZ dealer says I'll know by Thu about any possible allocation. This would be the best option not to have to travel.

In the meantime, I still have an order with the MI dealer in 1100 status awaiting their allocation. Not a good communicator, unfortunately.

AND....

I just found a truck in 3800 status built and waiting to be shipped to a dealer in AL who is holding it for me.

My truck of choice is the non-Bison ZR2 2500 (for max payload) in Slate Grey pretty well loaded.

Stay tuned!
3 slate grey available in Phoenix all Bison. Make them an offer -9k.

Reactions: Kel

Don't me nervous. My HD has been perfect so far. Some have issues, most don't. Plus side is the HDs all come from the Flint plant vs all the 1500s come out of Mexico. Might not really matter, but personally I feel a little better about it.
20240206_141147.jpg

If anyone is on the fence here is a good contender and it's available in the Black Edition. There is also a forum.

Plus great gas milage since that's number 1 priority for ZR2 purchases.

Attachments

• patty-peck-honda-black-edition.png
    patty-peck-honda-black-edition.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240207_072525_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207_072525_Chrome.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
@8ball_99 I know a guy that for almost 6 straight months kept asking me about the big 3 full size trucks. Then he calls me and says "Hey I finally pulled the trigger on a truck"

Pulls up in one of these.

Nothing against the rIdGeLiNe, just me massaging his brain functions for that long, for him to end up having a neurologic anus steam decision.

@8ball_99 I know a guy that for almost 6 straight months kept asking me about the big 3 full size trucks. Then he calls me and says "Hey I finally pulled the trigger on a truck"

Pulls up in one of these.

Nothing against the rIdGeLiNe, just me massaging his brain functions for that long, for him to end up having a neurologic anus steam decision.
Lol, That's what I call a askhole. My neighbor is the king of askholes. He will call me to come look at something. He will show me his issue or explain a problem. I'll spend a fair amount of time giving him my opinion on how to fix, build or how to do whatever. He will then just do it his own way and then literally call me a day or two later when it doesn't work out asking for help again.

Ridgeline actually is pretty decent for what it is. I've always had atleast fullsize trucks because I need one. I tow and haul regularly and need a truck for my work. But it really does confuse me when people drive big trucks and have zero need. Or they need a truck like once a year. I'd rock a 4 runner, Bronco, or a midsized pick up in a heartbeat, if I could. But I struggled some just going down to a shortbed half ton, lol. I drive my wife's vehicle often when I don't need my truck. Not a fan of cars really. But the midsized stuff is nice.

Plenty of Askholes like your neighbor out there lol 😆

I've been trying to justify a Wrangler or a Colorado for work since last summer haha. Currently drive a Cruze for the fuel consumption and ease of getting around town. Looking back I think I would've been better off in a Trailblazer.

I really like the Broncos too

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back