Ordering ZR2 with 5% constraint

Jfresh

Reaction score
So whats everyones take on ordering a new ZR2? Ive had a preliminary order with my dealership for
about five weeks now and the order has yet to be accepted. Im fine with waiting but at 5% constraint im Just wondering
if its ever going to happen.

Depends on how many Silverados your dealer sells. Their Trail Boss sales are part of what determined 2022 allocation for ZR2 but I don't know if that's continuing into 2023. It will take some time. We ordered 6 2022 ZR2s but have not received a 2023 allocation yet.

You might want to look around for one.

I thought about ordering one earlier this year around early May. I decided not to order one since I didn't feel confident it would be delivered in a timely manner. I ended up putting a deposit on a dealer stock GMC AT4 that ended up not being built to the dealer's specs due to constraints. I started looking around early September and found a couple on lots and ended up with exactly what I was going to order...

Honestly I wouldn't put much faith in it. My 2022 ZR2 was built may 30th. It's still sitting at the factory on MP hold lol. I bought a different one that was in transit over two months ago. Chevy is still sending me weekly updates on the one I ordered though. Guys are still waiting on retrofits and they have built trucks sitting at the factory for over 5 months. I would think all those 2022s ZR2s have to get shipped before they start shipping 2023s. Watch them do like they did before. The 22 limited are just 21s lol. There will probably be a 23 ZR2 limited that is just left over 22s...

Honestly I wouldn't put much faith in it. My 2022 ZR2 was built may 30th. It's still sitting at the factory on MP hold lol. I bought a different one that was in transit over two months ago. Chevy is still sending me weekly updates on the one I ordered though. Guys are still waiting on retrofits and they have built trucks sitting at the factory for over 5 months. I would think all those 2022s ZR2s have to get shipped before they start shipping 2023s. Watch them do like they did before. The 22 limited are just 21s lol. There will probably be a 23 ZR2 limited that is just left over 22s...
That not exactly true. The 22 LTDs had the same equipment as 2021 but they were not left over 2021 models. There won't be a 2023 LTD either.

They're not going to stop the production line or the shipment of trucks built more recently to get the older ones out first. I'm sure they just don't have the space to make that happen.

That not exactly true. The 22 LTDs had the same equipment as 2021 but they were not left over 2021 models. There won't be a 2023 LTD either.

They're not going to stop the production line or the shipment of trucks built more recently to get the older ones out first. I'm sure they just don't have the space to make that happen.
I didn't necessarily mean they would just park 2023 ZR2s and ship the others. I meant they probably will build other models before ZR2s until they get the 22s shipped

When I placed my order they told me it would be a 2023 at this point. I searched the Chevrolet website pretty regularly in August/September and there were a descent amount at dealerships. I've noticed now its dropped significantly since then. Ill keep an eye out for that unicorn that has the color/options that I want. Other than that its a waiting game.

When I placed my order they told me it would be a 2023 at this point. I searched the Chevrolet website pretty regularly in August/September and there were a descent amount at dealerships. I've noticed now its dropped significantly since then. Ill keep an eye out for that unicorn that has the color/options that I want. Other than that its a waiting game.
I guess it depends on options you ordered. Just got a call from dealer that I placed an order with saying that if I would drop the Multiflex tailgate if would be built soon. Other option was just wait.

Most Member Reactions

Back