Paint and front end issues

GRE24ENE

Reaction score
I bought my ZR2 in the middle of March. I bought a 23 Summit White ZR2 from a dealership that I have bought multiple cars over the last 5 years. My dealer didn't have any ZR2's so they did a dealer exchange and had mine shipped to them. When I picked up my truck it was raining and dark outside, so I told my salesman I can't really do a thorough walk around and inspect the truck. They said no problem. The next day I washed my truck and noticed a small ding in the hood, some black dots on the passenger side behind the front wheel. There are also a few black dots inside the door jam. And they are UNDER the clear coat. And also I noticed the front bumper is about 3/4" out of level.

I called my salesman and let him know and he said "no big deal, come up on Monday or Wednesday between 10am-1pm and our paintless dent removal guys will take care of you. So due to my work schedule I couldn't schedule a Monday to come up until last week. They said "no worries". I drove up for my appointment and the paintless dent guys did their usual voodoo magic on the hood ding.

They used 4 different clay bars on the black dots, and they also said they are under the clear coat.

So the service manager came out and looked at the dots and uneven bumper, and we also figured out that the grill, hood, both lights are not symmetrical. The bumper is not only 3/4" out of level, it is pushed left about 1/2-3/4". The dealership doesn't have an in house bodyshop, and the service manager told me he doesn't want to use just any body shop, so he sent me to the chevy dealer that is actually closer to my house.

I make an appointment and bring my truck up and as instructed I ask for their service manager. From the start I was getting feeling that this IS GOING TO BE A DISASTER. The service manager calls over a service rep who I could tell is completely high on opiates. They are basically trying to tell me I should just live with the black dots, and that there is nothing they can do about the crooked bumper and out of whack front clip because these trucks are built by robots.

I started to get frustrated and said this is a brand new 80K truck. And it being white the black dots stand out like a sore thumb. One of them said it's no big deal. I said if you bought a 85" TV from Best Buy and there were several dead pixels I'm sure you wouldn't just live with it, even though the TV was probably built by a robot. They both just stared at me.

I asked about the bumper,grill,and lights being out of speck (crooked) and they said "well these trucks are built by robots, so you get what you get". I said that is unacceptable. I said if your wife had a tit job and the plastic surgeon fucked up and her tits were crooked, would you tell her to just live with it. Again, they just stared at me.

It ended with me scheduling my truck to be worked on the 3rd week of May. They wanted to get me in on the 9th of May, but I'm taking the wife on a 5 day get a way on the 14th and they couldn't guarantee I would have my truck back by the 14th, so May 22nd it is.

The more I think about it the angrier I get, and am thinking about reaching out to chevy customer service.

Thoughts on how to proceed.

I bought my ZR2 in the middle of March. I bought a 23 Summit White ZR2 from a dealership that I have bought multiple cars over the last 5 years. My dealer didn't have any ZR2's so they did a dealer exchange and had mine shipped to them. When I picked up my truck it was raining and dark outside, so I told my salesman I can't really do a thorough walk around and inspect the truck. They said no problem. The next day I washed my truck and noticed a small ding in the hood, some black dots on the passenger side behind the front wheel. There are also a few black dots inside the door jam. And they are UNDER the clear coat. And also I noticed the front bumper is about 3/4" out of level.

I called my salesman and let him know and he said "no big deal, come up on Monday or Wednesday between 10am-1pm and our paintless dent removal guys will take care of you. So due to my work schedule I couldn't schedule a Monday to come up until last week. They said "no worries". I drove up for my appointment and the paintless dent guys did their usual voodoo magic on the hood ding.

They used 4 different clay bars on the black dots, and they also said they are under the clear coat.

So the service manager came out and looked at the dots and uneven bumper, and we also figured out that the grill, hood, both lights are not symmetrical. The bumper is not only 3/4" out of level, it is pushed left about 1/2-3/4". The dealership doesn't have an in house bodyshop, and the service manager told me he doesn't want to use just any body shop, so he sent me to the chevy dealer that is actually closer to my house.

I make an appointment and bring my truck up and as instructed I ask for their service manager. From the start I was getting feeling that this IS GOING TO BE A DISASTER. The service manager calls over a service rep who I could tell is completely high on opiates. They are basically trying to tell me I should just live with the black dots, and that there is nothing they can do about the crooked bumper and out of whack front clip because these trucks are built by robots.

I started to get frustrated and said this is a brand new 80K truck. And it being white the black dots stand out like a sore thumb. One of them said it's no big deal. I said if you bought a 85" TV from Best Buy and there were several dead pixels I'm sure you wouldn't just live with it, even though the TV was probably built by a robot. They both just stared at me.

I asked about the bumper,grill,and lights being out of speck (crooked) and they said "well these trucks are built by robots, so you get what you get". I said that is unacceptable. I said if your wife had a tit job and the plastic surgeon fucked up and her tits were crooked, would you tell her to just live with it. Again, they just stared at me.

It ended with me scheduling my truck to be worked on the 3rd week of May. They wanted to get me in on the 9th of May, but I'm taking the wife on a 5 day get a way on the 14th and they couldn't guarantee I would have my truck back by the 14th, so May 22nd it is.

The more I think about it the angrier I get, and am thinking about reaching out to chevy customer service.

#1 mistake...never buy anything that you can't see and go over meticulously in direct sunlight. If they won't make it right, contact GM. If that doesn't work, you can hire a lawyer. This is not a Lemon Law issue so you will be out of pocket on any legal expenses. You can also flip it and move on.

GM won't help you. Might throw a loyalty certificate worth a few thousand for your next new car that expires in a year.

You need to tell them what you want. Your dealer should be taking the lead. The whole truck needs to be repainted which will then hurt your value. If the truck is brand new I'd get out of it. If they can't line up a bumper I can't imagine what else is going on. I love my truck but not over impressed with the quality of this 80k truck.

Call an attorney yesterday cause these fights are not for the well versed. Ask me how I know.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back