Paint to Match Front Bumper!

R I G

Reaction score
Thought this looked wild and had to share. Not to sure how I feel about it right now... Definitely stands out!

carmar-4play-wheels-chevrolet-zr2-silverado-4p83-4play-wheels.jpg

Very nice. Did you paint the skid plate? Where did you get the wheel well fender covers?

Not my truck! Saw it online, and thought it was very unique. Paint match in the Glacier Blue looks terrific!

I think a step further would be the handles, mirror caps, flow tie, and recovery hooks - Glacier Blue. Truly Custom.

I have to be honest, I think it matches too much. I like the contrast with the black bumper. If I wanted to match the bumper I might get a Malibu.

what touch-up paint are you using on the bumper? GM part number?

Would like to know this too. I'm going to have my flowtie painted to match.
GM doesn’t have a specific paint code for the black bumpers. I would use the standard black touch up paint for the Trucks.

I personally use single stage black I get from work. It has an integrated clear so it makes touching up a one step process.

GM doesn’t have a specific paint code for the black bumpers. I would use the standard black touch up paint for the Trucks.

I personally use single stage black I get from work. It has an integrated clear so it makes touching up a one step process.
Can you link to that paint with the integrated clear please?

Can you link to that paint with the integrated clear please?
I’ll look tomorrow at work. It’s a PPG product. We spray envriobase but the single stage is solvent. I pour a little out of the jug and it does great.

Where can I get the one you have used with good success?
Let me figure out the product line and I’ll let you know. Any paint store can mix you a little can you can dab on yourself. Probably for near the cost of an AC Delco pen.

Even if it’s not the exact line, you can walk into any store and ask for a small can of single stage. Some formulations have more brown or blue. These bumpers are a “cold” (blue) black.

Gloss Black is a MFer to keep clean but it touches up like a dream with SS.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back