Passenger airbag light on overhead panel

Swan

Reaction score
I need some help. I noticed the other evening that the "PASS AIR BAG" light on the over head panel (next to OnStar) stayed on. I looked it up in the owners Manuel, page 116, and it said it indicated a problem with the airbag system and to have it serviced immediately. I unhooked the battery and noticed it stopped staying on. I just brought it into the dealership to have it looked at and there were no codes for any airbag system. When I turn the car off, the light seems to stay on for about 30 min and then goes off. Can someone please let me know if their truck does the same thing? Any feedback would be great.
IMG_5026.jpeg

I need some help. I noticed the other evening that the "PASS AIR BAG" light on the over head panel (next to OnStar) stayed on. I looked it up in the owners Manuel, page 116, and it said it indicated a problem with the airbag system and to have it serviced immediately. I unhooked the battery and noticed it stopped staying on. I just brought it into the dealership to have it looked at and there were no codes for any airbag system. When I turn the car off, the light seems to stay on for about 30 min and then goes off. Can someone please let me know if their truck does the same thing? Any feedback would be great.View attachment 8966
Some vehicles do this when the passenger seat is in un -occupied. When the seat sees the weight of an occupant the light goes out.

not the case with this vehicle. If someone is sitting in the seat, the ON to the left of the PASS AIR BAG lights up. If it's empty, it lights up OFF. The question I have is if your white PASS AIR BAG light stays on for a little after you shut down and walk away from the truck.
IMG_5064.jpg

Reactions: AXE
Is your light selector switch in the auto position? I had mine in the manual position and it left a lot of lights on for several minutes. May not be the same issue your dealing with here.

Possible issue with the seat weight sensor. A zero point calibration is quick and painless.

Just let the dealer look at it. Whatever is wrong, it will get fixed.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back