Price of the Silverado ZR2

The guys from GMuthority expect the ZR2 to start at 60K.

"With that in mind, it looks like around $60,000 would be the sweet spot for the 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2 starting price point. "

In other place (I don't remember where) was saying ZR2 will not have too many options probably 1 package. If we can get it for 60K with all tech included ZR2 will be the BEST deal ever.
I've heard that it will only come as a fully loaded truck, but it will still slot below the high country. That being said, I think somewhere between $60k and $65k sounds about right. The current high country with a 6.2 starts around $62K.

The 2022 Silverado ZR2 starting price of $66,795 puts the Silverado ZR2 in the pricing category of the Ford F-150 Raptor, which starts at $64,145 plus $1,695 DFC for a $65,840 starting price tag. In other words, the 2022 Silverado ZR2 price will be $955 higher than the 2021 F-150 Raptor, despite the Ford having 30 more horsepower and 50 more pound-feet from its twin-turbo 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine.

For the sake of context, the Ram TRX starts at $72,120 ($70,425 plus $1,695 DFC). It features a supercharged 6.2L V8 engine good for 702 horses and 650 pound-feet of torque.

For even more context, the 2022 Silverado LT Trail Boss Limited (this is the stop-gap pre-refresh model) with the 5.3L L84 (355 horses, 383 pound-feet of torque) starts at $53,145 ($51,450 MSRP plus $1,695 DFC), while the same truck with the 6.2L L87 motor (420 horses, 460 pound-feet) – the same engine that will be used in the Silverado ZR2, starts at $55,640 ($53,945 plus $1,695 DFC).

The base price been more expensive than the base Raptor sounds pretty bad. I just checked Ford builder, the base Raptor it is $65,840. 30 more HP, 50 more pound-feet, 35s tires, wider body. Rator is considering superior to ZR2.

The Raptor downside for me is that you can't lease it and it is pretty hard to get one at MSRP, even in no pandemic times.

I hope GM Authorite is wrongt in these numbers. Let's see the final price with the Tech Package too. I was hopping to have a fully loaded for 65k to 70k, with this base price I think it will be 75k to 80k.

Hmm I guess it depends on what electronics and features these base models come with. I would think the ZR2 base model would be more equipped than the base Raptor, but that's just a guess.

I sure hope that the ZR2 comes pretty well equipped because that's a hefty starting price!

I sure hope that the ZR2 comes pretty well equipped because that's a hefty starting price!
My guess is that we will need to pay 5k more to get it all the tech and packages.

LT Trail boss is only 300$ more than the 2022 Limited Trail boss. based on the building guide, it will have the "LT Trail Boss Premium Package" that includes Convenience Package II, (PQB) Safety Package, (CXH) Leather Package, (WPQ) Protection Package and (QT6) Power up/down tailgate. The only thing that does not come with this package is the Adaptive Cruise Control that will be sold apart. If this package match the similar packaged of the limited, we are talking of +4k I will add +1k for the Adaptive Cruise Control . A loaded LT Trail boss for $58,740.00, vs 70k or 72k for the Zr2. 11k to 14k difference, hmmm maybe the LT Trail boss is the best cost benefit, let see when the configurator comes out.

Last edited:
You might be right! I assume you're figuring the same engine for the loaded LT Trail Boss as the ZR2 at the $58,740 price?

I think that yes $66K is quite a bit for this truck to start at, but also looking at this starting price and from what I have put together so far it is reasonable. the only options as far as I know on this truck are the Technology Package(Rear Camera Mirror, Head-Up Display, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Power Rake/Telescoping steering column), Power Sunroof, and the Multi-Flex tailgate. Everything else is standard. So think of it as paying for a loaded Trail Boss with selectable lockers, extra skid plates, and the DSSV suspension setup. It's a fair price.

I do think they should have offered maybe a less loaded, more affordable version of the ZR2 as well to really compete with Ford and Ram for sales.

I think that yes $66K is quite a bit for this truck to start at, but also looking at this starting price and from what I have put together so far it is reasonable. the only options as far as I know on this truck are the Technology Package(Rear Camera Mirror, Head-Up Display, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Power Rake/Telescoping steering column), Power Sunroof, and the Multi-Flex tailgate. Everything else is standard. So think of it as paying for a loaded Trail Boss with selectable lockers, extra skid plates, and the DSSV suspension setup. It's a fair price.

I do think they should have offered maybe a less loaded, more affordable version of the ZR2 as well to really compete with Ford and Ram for sales.
Also it doesn't have parking sensors in the front, just the rear. I just noticed that today.

Not correct. The front is considered collision alert.
The collision alert works with the long range radar and camera in the backside the rear view mirror, the parking sensors are just the small sensors that you see in everyone's bumpers

Most Member Reactions

Back