Pulsar engine throttle control?

8ball_99

Reaction score
They do not work on the refreshed trucks yet. So not one for the ZR2. They are supposed to be working on it.

securityguy

Reaction score

Anyone using one or have any experience with one?
I spoke to an Engineer who designs the Pulsar and the Range units. He stated it will be at last another 6 months or so before they have anything, if anything at all. The code of the refresh ECU's is extremely difficult to crack and just about everyone is trying to do so. GM completely redesigned the ECU and code for the refreshed trucks.

wutang61

Founding Member
Reaction score
I spoke to an Engineer who designs the Pulsar and the Range units. He stated it will be at last another 6 months or so before they have anything, if anything at all. The code of the refresh ECU's is extremely difficult to crack and just about everyone is trying to do so. GM completely redesigned the ECU and code for the refreshed trucks.
I’m hoping that all of that is getting close to being solved without hardware level breakouts. It would be nice to actually tune these trucks for 91+ like they recommend anyways.

Not much for peak power but the gains under the cruve are very impressive in the older K2’s for the L86 now 87.

securityguy

Reaction score
I’m hoping that all of that is getting close to being solved without hardware level breakouts. It would be nice to actually tune these trucks for 91+ like they recommend anyways.

Not much for peak power but the gains under the cruve are very impressive in the older K2’s for the L86 now 87.
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like they're getting close, or maybe they just want to surprise us!

8ball_99

Reaction score
Well there is a couple super charger kits availabl, so I’m guessing a few companies have cracked the ecu already. Hopefully pulsar can figure it out.

securityguy

Reaction score
Well there is a couple super charger kits availabl, so I’m guessing a few companies have cracked the ecu already. Hopefully pulsar can figure it out.
If you are talking about Lingenfelter, they have a relationship with GM and GM supplies the code necessary to modify the ECU. To my knowledge, no one has cracked the code, but GM has licensed the code to Lingenfelter and possibly Magnuson as well for a very hefty price!

ColoradoZR2

Reaction score
If you are talking about Lingenfelter, they have a relationship with GM and GM supplies the code necessary to modify the ECU. To my knowledge, no one has cracked the code, but GM has licensed the code to Lingenfelter and possibly Magnuson as well for a very hefty price!
Sounds like Trifecta has the ability but it’s not worth it.
6BD74AAB-4ED1-45A3-8D13-0EAD0A61FBC2.png

8ball_99

Reaction score
So I myself could care less about the tuner aspect. I literally just want to disable DFM and have the ability to adjust the speedo for tire size. Disable auto stop would be nice too, but I've already done that at this point. I think most people looking for Pulsar LT or something like that are mainly looking for these features. Adjusting the throttle sensitivity makes them feel faster, but you aren't really doing anything. As far as an actual tune. Yeah I doubt you gain much of anything. It's been that way for a while. They might feel a little more peppy. But I'm sure timed runs would show negligible difference. Same with intakes and exhaust.

securityguy

Reaction score
Adjusting the throttle sensitivity makes them feel faster, but you aren't really doing anything.
It actually does do something. Will it make your truck faster? NO. Will it be quicker off the line and provide better throttle response to input and eliminate throttle lag...YES!

8ball_99

Reaction score
It actually does do something. Will it make your truck faster? NO. Will it be quicker off the line and provide better throttle response to input and eliminate throttle lag...YES!
Right, I mean they change the mapping. So the truck feels faster because the throttle is more sensitive. But the truck isn't actually faster. I agree it changes how it feels. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you like.

Most Member Reactions