Pulsar engine throttle control?

They do not work on the refreshed trucks yet. So not one for the ZR2. They are supposed to be working on it.

Anyone using one or have any experience with one?
I spoke to an Engineer who designs the Pulsar and the Range units. He stated it will be at last another 6 months or so before they have anything, if anything at all. The code of the refresh ECU's is extremely difficult to crack and just about everyone is trying to do so. GM completely redesigned the ECU and code for the refreshed trucks.

I spoke to an Engineer who designs the Pulsar and the Range units. He stated it will be at last another 6 months or so before they have anything, if anything at all. The code of the refresh ECU's is extremely difficult to crack and just about everyone is trying to do so. GM completely redesigned the ECU and code for the refreshed trucks.
I’m hoping that all of that is getting close to being solved without hardware level breakouts. It would be nice to actually tune these trucks for 91+ like they recommend anyways.

Not much for peak power but the gains under the cruve are very impressive in the older K2’s for the L86 now 87.

I’m hoping that all of that is getting close to being solved without hardware level breakouts. It would be nice to actually tune these trucks for 91+ like they recommend anyways.

Not much for peak power but the gains under the cruve are very impressive in the older K2’s for the L86 now 87.
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like they're getting close, or maybe they just want to surprise us!

Well there is a couple super charger kits availabl, so I’m guessing a few companies have cracked the ecu already. Hopefully pulsar can figure it out.

Well there is a couple super charger kits availabl, so I’m guessing a few companies have cracked the ecu already. Hopefully pulsar can figure it out.
If you are talking about Lingenfelter, they have a relationship with GM and GM supplies the code necessary to modify the ECU. To my knowledge, no one has cracked the code, but GM has licensed the code to Lingenfelter and possibly Magnuson as well for a very hefty price!

If you are talking about Lingenfelter, they have a relationship with GM and GM supplies the code necessary to modify the ECU. To my knowledge, no one has cracked the code, but GM has licensed the code to Lingenfelter and possibly Magnuson as well for a very hefty price!
Sounds like Trifecta has the ability but it’s not worth it.
6BD74AAB-4ED1-45A3-8D13-0EAD0A61FBC2.png

So I myself could care less about the tuner aspect. I literally just want to disable DFM and have the ability to adjust the speedo for tire size. Disable auto stop would be nice too, but I've already done that at this point. I think most people looking for Pulsar LT or something like that are mainly looking for these features. Adjusting the throttle sensitivity makes them feel faster, but you aren't really doing anything. As far as an actual tune. Yeah I doubt you gain much of anything. It's been that way for a while. They might feel a little more peppy. But I'm sure timed runs would show negligible difference. Same with intakes and exhaust.

Adjusting the throttle sensitivity makes them feel faster, but you aren't really doing anything.
It actually does do something. Will it make your truck faster? NO. Will it be quicker off the line and provide better throttle response to input and eliminate throttle lag...YES!

It actually does do something. Will it make your truck faster? NO. Will it be quicker off the line and provide better throttle response to input and eliminate throttle lag...YES!
Right, I mean they change the mapping. So the truck feels faster because the throttle is more sensitive. But the truck isn't actually faster. I agree it changes how it feels. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you like.

Right, I mean they change the mapping. So the truck feels faster because the throttle is more sensitive. But the truck isn't actually faster. I agree it changes how it feels. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you like.
Yep...we're on the same page my friend!

Anyone hear anything recently on where Pulsar is with developing a product for our trucks?

Friend of mine put on his 2020 GMC denali with the 6.2 L and can't say enough good things about it.

Hoping they'll get one out for the refreshed trucks soon....

Anyone hear anything recently on where Pulsar is with developing a product for our trucks?

Friend of mine put on his 2020 GMC denali with the 6.2 L and can't say enough good things about it.

Hoping they'll get one out for the refreshed trucks soon....
I was told at least 6 months, but no one really knows.

So I myself could care less about the tuner aspect. I literally just want to disable DFM and have the ability to adjust the speedo for tire size. Disable auto stop would be nice too, but I've already done that at this point. I think most people looking for Pulsar LT or something like that are mainly looking for these features. Adjusting the throttle sensitivity makes them feel faster, but you aren't really doing anything. As far as an actual tune. Yeah I doubt you gain much of anything. It's been that way for a while. They might feel a little more peppy. But I'm sure timed runs would show negligible difference. Same with intakes and exhaust.
Exactly - why I'm waiting with baited breath for Edge to crack the code. A tuner in Houston, PaxPower, has "cracked the code", they offer a Whipple SuperCharger and Tune. Certainly hope Edge software engineers get this out soon.

Reactions: AXE
Adjusting the throttle sensitivity makes them feel faster, but you aren't really doing anything.
This is a false statement. You are doing something that has a positive impact on throttle lag and enhances the reaction time of the throttle body reaction to the accelerator.

Most Member Reactions

Back