Putco Virtual Blade DRL Light Bar

Wildturkey707

Reaction score
I just purchased the 37" light bar w/ remote and had a couple questions for all my ZR2 owners out there.

1) Has anyone else purchased this light bar and done an install if so how and where and pics would be great.

2) The stock daytime running lights on our trucks as shown here in the link are sequential and run during start up but I don't see it happening on mine I know there was a recall on the DRL's awhile back did that remove this feature or am I not understanding when this happens and when it doesn't? Also I have the other lighting mods as you can see in my sig I wonder if those being installed messed with this feature.

I just purchased the 37" light bar w/ remote and had a couple questions for all my ZR2 owners out there.

1) Has anyone else purchased this light bar and done an install if so how and where and pics would be great.

2) The stock daytime running lights on our trucks as shown here in the link are sequential and run during start up but I don't see it happening on mine I know there was a recall on the DRL's awhile back did that remove this feature or am I not understanding when this happens and when it doesn't? Also I have the other lighting mods as you can see in my sig I wonder if those being installed messed with this feature.

Have you called PUTCO to see if they have any videos or hard documentation? That's what I did and they were extremely helpful. I also found a few YT videos as well.

Last edited:
I am not worried about the actual install wiring and what not more the placement of the bar. Also my stock DRL's which like I said I never see them doing the sequential thing lol.

I am not worried about the actual install wiring and what not more the placement of the bar. Also my stock DRL's which like I said I never see them doing the sequential thing lol.
Understood. As an aside, mine do the sequencing on my 23.

When do they do it? On remote start, unlock from FOB, normal start, all of the above?

Checked mine they do it when unlocked from the fob as well. I guess I don't pay attention during just unlocking and use remote start all the time so didn't notice.

Happy New Year! Have you installed your light bar. I’m thinking about getting one too! Is the remote worth getting?

Reactions: AXE
Probably installing tomorrow. Yes I got the remote.

All installed. I have video of Startup but it is to big of a file to upload I will have to see if I can shrink it. I will also post some night pics tonight.

Attachments

• Lightbar 1.jpg
    Lightbar 1.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Lightbar 2.jpg
    Lightbar 2.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Lightbar Wiring 1 (1).jpg
    Lightbar Wiring 1 (1).jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Lightbar Wiring 2.jpg
    Lightbar Wiring 2.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 111
All installed. I have video of Startup but it is to big of a file to upload I will have to see if I can shrink it. I will also post some night pics tonight.
Looks good. How much did you have to remove to install these?

Night Photos.
1) All lights mod.
2) Amber bar plus fogs
3) Amber Bar
4) White Bar
5) White bar plus fogs

Attachments

• Night White bar plus fogs.jpg
    Night White bar plus fogs.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Night White Bar.jpg
    Night White Bar.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Night Amber Bar.jpg
    Night Amber Bar.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Night Bar and Fogs.jpg
    Night Bar and Fogs.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Night All Lights.jpg
    Night All Lights.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 67
That looks good... I've got a few questions. How is the light output from behind the grille? Also, do you have pics of what you attached the light bar to? I was looking at the Putco installation instructions and I can't hardly believe anyone would zip tie a $300-$400 light bar to the front side of their grille! (It does look like there is some kind of a screw mount option?)

Thanks in advance!

The light output is great and it is pretty cool that it lights up the entire honeycomb as opposed to just a bar. That being said there is no way this bar is meant to be used on this grill there is really no good way I was able to find to mount it outside the grill or inside the grill. I have mine attached with 2 zipties on either end nothing in the middle. 1 ziptie holds it up and 1 zipetie holds in the in center on each side. The bar I think is light enough that this should be fine but we will see. Attached is a pic which shows the single ziptie on each side that is around the front of the grill. In my opinion if you dont know exactly where to look you wouldn't even see it.

However like I said they use this truck for the AD for this product but it is in no way for this truck. There is no good way to mount it that I was able to find and the AD video also shows that the DRL's on the truck trigger the stock sequential series and also the Bar goes off with it at the same time. There is actually no way to make that happen without rewiring the whole truck. The DRL's on the truck don't have their own fuse so there is no way to tap without constant power from the headlight fuse. So you have to tap a fuse that only has ignition power or else the bar is always on. Since our stock DRL's on do the sequence when you hit unlock on the fob not when you start the truck these things can't happen at the same time.

That was long winded I hope it makes sense, anyone feel free to DM me with any questions. Overall I like the bar but I feel like most people would probably be unhappy with it for roughly $400.

Attachments

• Lightbar Ziptie.jpeg
    Lightbar Ziptie.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 55

Most Member Reactions

Back