Putco Freedom Blade

I like that! Did you install it yourself?
Yes Sir...not a bad install, it just takes a while. You have to route the wiring harness from the engine bay fuse panel to the passenger side frame rail and then follow the existing wire bundle to the rear bumper zip tying the blade harness along the way. The controller sits up inside a rear panel behind the bumper. Comes with a 100% plug and play harness so no cutting or splicing...totally OEM. You can also buy a remote control for $79 to make it easier to program and change the configuration on how the lights behave on the fly if desired.

If you PM me, I will send you the PDF install instructions via email. Two of my neighbors that saw it when I was done thought it was the coolest thing they've seen on a truck. At night, all of that high brightness white light really lights things up in reverse :D

What does it look like in the daytime, with the truck off.

one thing I hate about those tailgate light bars is that they're ugly when they're not on. Especially on lighter-colored trucks, you can see the strip and wiring.

What does it look like in the daytime, with the truck off.

one thing I hate about those tailgate light bars is that they're ugly when they're not on. Especially on lighter-colored trucks, you can see the strip and wiring.
You can hardly see it's even there during the day except for when it lights up. I'll go out a take a pic and post it. They did an awesome job designing this thing!

ZR2 PUTCO BLADE.jpg

ZR2 PUTCO BLADE2.jpg

Thank you! That's not bad at all if you have a dark colored body.

Thank you! That's not bad at all if you have a dark colored body.
Even if it was light colored, it's not obvious and the clear lens makes it hard to see if you're not looking for it. The only part that's dark are the 4 plastic mounting brackets and, even then, the small gap between the bumper and tailgate makes it hard to see until it's all lit up!

Got my PUTCO radio receiver installed today so I can now change the programming easily without getting under the truck and lowering the spare. Not bad for $79. I am really liking this thing!

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back