Q's ZR2 Mods

Thought I'd update this with the mods I've done since I started this thread.

I had the headrests embroidered with the ZR2 logo by 42 Stitches. Jim is very reasonable and you can't beat his turnaround time.
73A607D6-C08E-48A7-A917-2652B5CFAB9B_1_105_c.jpeg
1FF4D3DA-8B7F-4903-BE61-67528ED31D2F_1_201_a.jpeg

I also did four light mods from Boost Auto Parts.
I did their Auto Fog Light Mod, All Lights Mod (6 High Mod), Dual Function (Third Brake Light Bed Cargo & Reverse) Wiring Harness and High Beam to Spot Mirror Mod All these mods were super easy to install and keep the auto high beam feature functional.

I installed the AutoStop Eliminator and no longer have to remember to turn the "feature" off everytime I start the truck.

I've added the Kicker 46CXARCT Wired Remote Base controller to the Kicker sub. Someone had posted that if you add this controller and set the two dip switches on the amp to the same as all the others you can better control the the sub's bass.

And last, for now anyway, I installed theOCDplug.com infotainment screen protector.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Again, you've made me spend money. Love the lighting options and appreciate the hyper links.

As a side, the "infotainment screen protector" hyper link is actually the Autostop Eliminator hyper link.

thanks for the info and ideas!

Added blacked out OEM ZR2 emblems and black with red background 6.2L emblems. I'll be adding the black Silverado to the tailgate and probably use plastidip on the bow tie.

IMG_3740.jpg
IMG_3739.jpg

Do the black oem emblems come with the red in the "2"? The stock Gm pics show them completely blacked out. I like them with the red better.

Do the black oem emblems come with the red in the "2"? The stock Gm pics show them completely blacked out. I like them with the red better.
Unfortunately, no. I removed the red 2 from the original emblems. I removed the 3m tape from the back side and used a small straight slot screwdriver to gently push the tabs through. I used small amount of silicone to keep the red 2 in the new black emblem.
IMG_3697.jpeg

Finally got around to the front emblem. I used red reflective tape to make the 2 red. There are no clips holding it on, just 3m tape. There are two posts on the back to help with placement. Now to platsi dip the bow ties.

IMG_3751.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3752.jpeg
    IMG_3752.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 78
Finally got around to installing my ARB compressor. I wanted to mount it under the hood like the one on my wife's Jeep. I just couldn't find a place that I liked. Then it hit me, but it by the jack and utilize what was left of the under seat storage bin. I use the one on the Jeep when we air down the tires if needed while on the beach.
IMG_3844.jpg
IMG_3846.jpg

Finally got around to installing my ARB compressor. I wanted to mount it under the hood like the one on my wife's Jeep. I just couldn't find a place that I liked. Then it hit me, but it by the jack and utilize what was left of the under seat storage bin. I use the one on the Jeep when we air down the tires if needed while on the beach.View attachment 1197View attachment 1198
Compressor looks good!

Really have been enjoying this truck. The ride is awesome for what the truck is, and having driven a lowered 4th generation single cab Ram R/T for the past 8 years I think I'll leave the suspension alone on the ZR2. The ZR2 was my retirement gift to myself. Since mid June I have done the following modifications.

Xpel UltimatePlus Paint Protection Film entire front end
CeramicPro Gold Package Ceramic coating
Xpel PrimeXR Plus window tint doors and windshield
Chevrolet Emblem mirror puddle lights
BedRug bed floor cover
Gator tri-fold bed cover
Tailgate Step Lighting
Black Chevrolet wheel center caps
Black McGard lugnuts and lock
MGP red ZR2 caliper covers
Blendmount radar detector mount for my MAX360 and M2 dash camera
Kicker subwoofer
Console safe
J&L Catch Can
K&N Drop in replacement filter

Also covered the center console lid for my beagle buddy that like to ride on the console so he can see where we're going.
I’m liking the look of that console safe. How do you like it after having it this long.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m liking the look of that console safe. How do you like it after having it this long.

Like it a lot. I carry a pistol everywhere I go, retired Law Enforcement . There are only a few places I won't carry into, usually federal places. The safe gives me some peace of mind that I've made an effort to secure my pistol if someone breaks into my truck while stored. It's easy to use, four digit combination. If someone REALLY wants to get into it, they will. But it's not going to be as easy as opening the console lid and taking what they want.

Has anyone used a sprint booster before? Its supposed to make improve acceleration response. Was wondering if it would be worth the fun for our trucks.

I ordered this Ultimate9 evcX controller:

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back