Rear Suspension Sag at…

Always get different springs. I have done that before on a half-ton lite 1 generation Raptor. Went from factory 2 leaf to 5 tapered leaf springs and it drove like a different truck!

The suspension is a little soft, but that's why it rides so damn good. If you are gonna tow a lot and haul cargo, installing air bags is a good idea. Then you keep soft ride but can firm it up at will. There are some threads on bags you can refer to.

Anyone have an idea of rear suspension sag on a 1500 with ~700-800 lbs in the bed?

Level? Dragging azz? Pictures?

Thanks!
this is 380lbs. LT450 quad. i dont like the sag but would never give up ride quality of DSSV. search airbags. lots of guys here are bagged.

Attachments

• 20230615_124946.jpg
    20230615_124946.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 61
If you decide to go with some air bags hit me up. I took the bags off my 1500 before I traded it. They are Trailboss bags with standard short frame mounts for a regular 1500. With a set of daystar cradles. I did some trial and error when I first got my ZR2 and this mix of parts seemed to do the best job. It gives you bags when you need them, But maintains the soft ride and the most wheel travel when you don't need the bags. There is a thread floating around here titled Onboard air that shows more details.

If you decide to go with some air bags hit me up. I took the bags off my 1500 before I traded it. They are Trailboss bags with standard short frame mounts for a regular 1500. With a set of daystar cradles. I did some trial and error when I first got my ZR2 and this mix of parts seemed to do the best job. It gives you bags when you need them, But maintains the soft ride and the most wheel travel when you don't need the bags. There is a thread floating around here titled Onboard air that shows more details.
Me likes this

Anyone have an idea of rear suspension sag on a 1500 with ~700-800 lbs in the bed?

Thanks!

Thanks!
IMG_2939.jpeg
This is with 1280lbs (certified scale) in the bed and on the over bed rack. We then added three people and two dogs and drove from California to Colorado. It handled perfectly, no issues through the mountains and had plenty of power. I didn’t measure the sag, but it was a few inches.

View attachment 8943This is with 1280lbs (certified scale) in the bed and on the over bed rack. We then added three people and two dogs and drove from California to Colorado. It handled perfectly, no issues through the mountains and had plenty of power. I didn’t measure the sag, but it was a few inches.
Great image. Thanks!

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back