Repairing a door paint chip?

3boysmad

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my 23 ZR2 and noticed a small paint chip on the outside edge of the door.
Looks like to door was opened during transport and rubbed against a hard surface.
Is it easy to repair a small chip? I am having the truck prepped (removal of swirl marks) and ceramic coated. Is this something a competent detailer can fix?
Thanks!

Just took delivery of my 23 ZR2 and noticed a small paint chip on the outside edge of the door.
Looks like to door was opened during transport and rubbed against a hard surface.
Is it easy to repair a small chip? I am having the truck prepped (removal of swirl marks) and ceramic coated. Is this something a competent detailer can fix?
Thanks!
Maybe...maybe not. Depends on the shop. It can be touched up with touch-up paint...clear coated and then wet sanded before you have the ceramic done. Or, you can just install door edge guards which I am not a fan of.

Mine had a 1/4 inch scratch near the antenna down to the metal. Dealer attempted a touch up, they did a good job but you can see the scratch. They offered me the option to put it in the body shop for a better fix. Think I'm going to do that.

I had a lawn company oblige me with a ding while they were weed whacking gravel at my work.

Pulled the door apart for the PDR guy, touched up wet sanded and buffed it. It’s unnoticeable unless you look for it.

I will say these aluminum doors I’m not a fan of. They are soft and dent very easily.

I had a lawn company oblige me with a ding while they were weed whacking gravel at my work.

Pulled the door apart for the PDR guy, touched up wet sanded and buffed it. It’s unnoticeable unless you look for it.

I will say these aluminum doors I’m not a fan of. They are soft and dent very easily.
The doors are aluminum?

I agree! There are several dents on my new truck but it seems to be something that is either passing the QA unnoticed or its acceptable for them. I have a slight ding on Hood Scoop, one inside door trim and one noticable in Bed. The ding on the bed seems like either the robot that stamped the sheet moved slightly or when they merge the bed to the frame they probably applied too much pressure near the body line and created the crease/dent. I am a detailer so i do see the smallest of things.
Something esle i noticed was that my air box has no sticker that shows its a 6.2l engine. Not sure if they don't come with stickers on airbox anymore or they shipped it like that. 🤔

I agree! There are several dents on my new truck but it seems to be something that is either passing the QA unnoticed or its acceptable for them. I have a slight ding on Hood Scoop, one inside door trim and one noticable in Bed. The ding on the bed seems like either the robot that stamped the sheet moved slightly or when they merge the bed to the frame they probably applied too much pressure near the body line and created the crease/dent. I am a detailer so i do see the smallest of things.
Something esle i noticed was that my air box has no sticker that shows its a 6.2l engine. Not sure if they don't come with stickers on airbox anymore or they shipped it like that. 🤔
No stickers on the airboxes.

Most Member Reactions

Back