Silverado ZR2 MPG

Cold start is very Loud!!Cabin at cruising speed is quiet, not very noticeable. Push the pedal and it gets loud. Stop and go driving you are going to hear it. It does sound great.
This sums it up well.

Just did a 700+ mile round trip for Thanksgiving. Here are todays results on the 366 mile drive back home. 70-75mph most of the trip with a couple of long running stops mixed in for traffic and drive thru. I'm happy as this is better than my 6.2L Trail Boss would do. Oh and this was with 2 Honda Trail 110s loaded in the bed.

I can say that I noticed that 70mph is the sweet spot for this truck. If you get to 75, the mpg drops by around 2mpg. Hit 80mph and it will drop around 5mpg compared to 70mph.

19.4 avg for the whole trip home
11-26-22 mpg trip.jpg

23.6 mpg best for 25 miles
11-26-22 mpg 25.jpg

22.4 best for 50 miles
11-26-22 mpg 50.jpg

18.3 best for 450 miles. This is pretty solid as there was some in town driving from the drive down 2 days before with stop and go mixed in.
11-26-22 mpg 450.jpg

9800 total miles. Today, 650 mi all freeway at 83-85, 14mpg. Speed kills the mpg.
9mpg pulling 7x14 cargo trailer (2-3K miles).
Filled w/more 91 than 87 but not sure I see a big difference but haven't done any actual comparison (mpg).
Love the truck but wish the tank was a bit bigger.

With just over 700 miles, averaging a combined 16.9. Hoping it will get a little better as the engine gets broken in.

My lifetime average after 5k miles is at 15mpg. That's with some trailer towing, mixed city and highway and carrying kayaks or ladders on my bed rack several times. A decent amount of idling parked waiting on my kids at band and soccer practice, ect. I consider it pretty good and about what I expected, if not a little better. I averaged around 16 in my 2500 duramax and that was with diesel. So my fuel bill has actually decreased some lol

After about 5600 miles, I’m 14.6 lifetime 14.3 450 miles.

Gets exactly what my 5.3 GMT900 4x2 did.

15.8 mpg average for me with 2400 miles on it. My 21 TB with 6.2L I had was maybe 16.8ish had 12k miles on it when I traded it in

9800 total miles. Today, 650 mi all freeway at 83-85, 14mpg. Speed kills the mpg.
9mpg pulling 7x14 cargo trailer (2-3K miles).
Filled w/more 91 than 87 but not sure I see a big difference but haven't done any actual comparison (mpg).
Love the truck but wish the tank was a bit bigger.
They should really add the big tank option like the Fords have.

Or maybe 21mpg at 80mph is a bit much. Try a little hand math. But if it makes you feel better, 21mpg is it.
You're right, I'm going off of what the computer said. However, there are others who've been getting better than that and it's even posted in this thread. There's also been several mentions where hand calculating is near spot on with the computer in these trucks. But hey, if you suck at driving, you could just say that.

14.9 average. This is mostly dirt roads and highway with 2,000 miles on the truck so far. I drive like I stole it most of the time so I expected it to be worse. I never check fuel efficiency, i expect it to be bad since it’s not really made to be fuel efficient. A larger tank would be nice.

OP asked for real world mpg. BS called on a post claiming a ridiculous number. Carry on boys.
There's not bullshit about it. There is a ton of things that can effect gas milage. Wind, temperature, idle time, traffic, etc. But I guess you're the internet know-it-all right? How about this, next time I drive to Denver, I will personally hand calculate my milage just so you feel a little better. Oh, last night from work on the 20ish mi commute through town I averaged just over 18. Like I said, if you suck at driving just tell us.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back