Silverado ZR2 Tonneau Cover Inquiry

ZR2

Reaction score
Hey folks!

I’m considering to buy the below bed covers for my 2023 Silverado ZR2:

• TruXedo Sentry CT
  • BAK Revolver X4s

My question is, i see an option when buying those covers that says “ with CarbonPro bed or without “ ? Now, i know my ZR2 has a Chevytec spray-on bedliner that comes standard on the ZR2. So i pick “ with CarbonPro” option?

Appreciate the support, thank you.

Hey folks!

I’m considering to buy the below bed covers for my 2023 Silverado ZR2:

• TruXedo Sentry CT
  • BAK Revolver X4s

My question is, i see an option when buying those covers that says “ with CarbonPro bed or without “ ? Now, i know my ZR2 has a Chevytec spray-on bedliner that comes standard on the ZR2. So i pick “ with CarbonPro” option?

Appreciate the support, thank you.
I have the X4S and highly recommend. No carbon pro as @ZR2EDDYB stated above.

Having lived with a few hard fold covers and a retractable over the years, the one thing I have found that helps the hard folders go out past about the 5-6 year mark is that after a decent rain I prop the cover folded up in the vertical position for a few hours, or more, it gives the panels a chance to drain really well, it slows the water intrusion into the panels (they stay lighter in weight over time) and also the speed that internals corrode or get saturated with water. Even the best waterproof materials used in these latest offerings can benefit over their life by keeping them drained of water, the added weight alone can take a toll over time. IMHO/YMMV

Having lived with a few hard fold covers and a retractable over the years, the one thing I have found that helps the hard folders go out past about the 5-6 year mark is that after a decent rain I prop the cover folded up in the vertical position for a few hours, or more, it gives the panels a chance to drain really well, it slows the water intrusion into the panels (they stay lighter in weight over time) and also the speed that internals corrode or get saturated with water. Even the best waterproof materials used in these latest offerings can benefit over their life by keeping them drained of water, the added weight alone can take a toll over time. IMHO/YMMV
I have never been a fan of hard covers. Love the Retrax and X4S roll-up type.

I have never been a fan of hard covers. Love the Retrax and X4S roll-up type.
Yeah, but for me it was a compromise, the soft cover has its benefits, but security of the bed contents isn't one of them, and while as secure as a hard folder, the retactables are a whole other price point for anything quality, so for me a hard folding was the right answer since I rarely fill the bed enough for it to get in the way.

Reactions: AXE
Yeah, but for me it was a compromise, the soft cover has its benefits, but security of the bed contents isn't one of them, and while as secure as a hard folder, the retactables are a whole other price point for anything quality, so for me a hard folding was the right answer since I rarely fill the bed enough for it to get in the way.
The X4S is very solid when it comes to security as it is a hard roll up cover that locks.

The X4S is very solid when it comes to security as it is a hard roll up cover that locks.
That cover is extremely nice, I will likely go with one like that when the time comes. If I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the cover from GM parts using the old Truck Legends 20% off code along with the points I had from getting a new vehicle (just under $700 total after the savings, so a little over $300 off) I would have looked at this one a lot harder.

I've got a tri fold hard cover on the 1500. I like it really well too. Definitely not sturdy too the feel. I went roll up on 2500HD cause I wasn't too be able to carry a quad and other taller recreational gear without full obstruction. In some ways, the rear view camera negates the need anyway and I've grown to really like it.

Most Member Reactions

Back