Tonneau Cover Car Wash

ZR2

Reaction score
Hey awesome people!

I bought the BAK Revolver X4s bed cover and have not installed it yet. I tried to message BAK guys but not response. When i go to the car wash whether automatic or manual using pressure water, would this affect my bed cover? What do you guys do? Appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: AXE
Hey awesome people!

I bought the BAK Revolver X4s bed cover and have not installed it yet. I tried to message BAK guys but not response. When i go to the car wash whether automatic or manual using pressure water, would this affect my bed cover? What do you guys do? Appreciate the feedback.
Should have no effect at all on your cover.

Hey awesome people!

Depending upon the wash. I run my 2500HD BAK through a touchless wash and it'll make my roof vibrate and the cover ripples back and forth. On my 1500, the air dryer gets under my 3 picece cover and lifts it and drops it, makes it sound like someone slammed their hand on it.

Both will leak water some, mostly at the tailgate, but not enough to make a big mess. You can buy a separate seal kit for better weather proofing.

They are not perfect, but work pretty well.

Reactions: ZR2
Dumb question: so, is it okay to take the ZR2 through an automatic car wash? With tonneau or without?

Any precautions to take like folding the mirrors? Or just pull up and send it?

Dumb question: so, is it okay to take the ZR2 through an automatic car wash? With tonneau or without?

Any precautions to take like folding the mirrors? Or just pull up and send it?
Just fold the mirrors as @Tdbmd stated above. Should be fine. I only hand wash and NEVER use a car wash unless it's touch-less.

Reactions: AXE
I've ran mine though all kinds of washes in 5 different states. They all.work fine. There are lots of nooks and crannies on these trucks with all the shitty plastic parts attached to them. They leak dirt and soap for hours after you wash them. I don't care how much you rinse and dry it, hit 55 mph after you wash and shit will be blowing all over.

I just washed my 2500HD today. By the time I drove 6 miles home, I'll have to wash it again. I was I in some sandy mud and the sand in January and it is still coming out after four washes.

Reactions: ZR2
I've ran mine though all kinds of washes in 5 different states. They all.work fine. There are lots of nooks and crannies on these trucks with all the shitty plastic parts attached to them. They leak dirt and soap for hours after you wash them. I don't care how much you rinse and dry it, hit 55 mph after you wash and shit will be blowing all over.

I just washed my 2500HD today. By the time I drove 6 miles home, I'll have to wash it again. I was I in some sandy mud and the sand in January and it is still coming out after four washes.
I hear you loud and clear man. Your favorite word recently is “plastic” 😂. Unfortunately it’s sad how GM and other drive for low cost and rely on parts that defeat the purpose of American Truck image like back in the days. I just hope they keel making these cars and don’t completely shift to electric only.

I hear you loud and clear man. Your favorite word recently is “plastic” 😂. Unfortunately it’s sad how GM and other drive for low cost and rely on parts that defeat the purpose of American Truck image like back in the days. I just hope they keel making these cars and don’t completely shift to electric only.
I'm working on that goddamned plastic right now to get a clean fit for front bumper lights. Cussing like mad, cause my original plan to clean it up isn't working......... gonna start drinking beer soon.....LOL

Hey awesome people!

Generally, bed covers like the Revolver X4s are designed to withstand various weather conditions and occasional exposure to water, including pressure washing at a car wash. However, it's always a good idea to take precautions to prevent any potential damage.

So, before taking your truck to the car wash, make sure the bed cover is installed correctly according to the manufacturer's instructions. This includes ensuring all seals are properly seated and latches are secure. Before and after each car wash, inspect the bed cover for any signs of damage or wear. Look for loose components, tears in the cover material, or any other issues that may need attention. While most bed covers are designed to withstand pressure washing, it's a good idea to use caution, especially around the seals and locking mechanisms. Avoid directing the high-pressure stream of water directly at these areas to prevent water from penetrating the bed. After washing your truck, make sure to dry the bed cover thoroughly to prevent water spots and potential damage from prolonged exposure to moisture. You can use a soft cloth or towel to wipe down the cover and ensure it's completely dry. In addition to keeping the bed cover clean, consider applying a protectant specifically designed for vinyl or similar materials to help prolong its life and maintain its appearance.

Most Member Reactions

Back