Software Update

securityguy

Reaction score
I just got back from the dealer to do my first oil change and they informed me that two updates just became available for the truck...one of them being the Android OS for the infotainment and the other the USB hub. Unfortunately, it did NOT fix the radio muting issue, but they did experience it before and after and stated they would alert GM. I am now running Android 10 - October 22 versus May 22. He had no idea what the changes were, but my truck is now fully up to date software wise. He also stated GM is having issues with the OTA and that most all trucks need to visit a dealer for the most recent updates. This is why my truck was saying it was up to date when it was not.

I just got back from the dealer to do my first oil change and they informed me that two updates just became available for the truck...one of them being the Android OS for the infotainment and the other the USB hub. Unfortunately, it did NOT fix the radio muting issue, but they did experience it before and after and stated they would alert GM. I am now running Android 10 - October 22 versus May 22. He had no idea what the changes were, but my truck is now fully up to date software wise. He also stated GM is having issues with the OTA and that most all trucks need to visit a dealer for the most recent updates. This is why my truck was saying it was up to date when it was not.
good info

Thanks for the info. I have my first (free) Oil change this weekend so I will have them push those updates through.

Where did you take it?

Will the latest software updates fix my paint and trim problems? I hope so since they don't fix the stereo problems and we have no fucking idea what they actually do?

Will the latest software updates fix my paint and trim problems? I hope so since they don't fix the stereo problems and we have no fucking idea what they actually do?
Axe, we do know... It keeps the gents with fancy pinky rings important and employed. :sneaky:

OTA updates will hopefully solve most software issues through individual usage data and mass data collected via dealer visits.

The paint and trim will need formal TSBs issued, to fix through your friendly neighbourhood dealer, on the General's dime.

Reactions: AXE
I just got back from the dealer to do my first oil change and they informed me that two updates just became available for the truck...one of them being the Android OS for the infotainment and the other the USB hub. Unfortunately, it did NOT fix the radio muting issue, but they did experience it before and after and stated they would alert GM. I am now running Android 10 - October 22 versus May 22. He had no idea what the changes were, but my truck is now fully up to date software wise. He also stated GM is having issues with the OTA and that most all trucks need to visit a dealer for the most recent updates. This is why my truck was saying it was up to date when it was not
Do you have the new ZR2 animation screen now with the update ?

IMG_4087.JPG.jpg

Thanks for the info. I have my first (free) Oil change this weekend so I will have them push those updates through.
Had my first oil change at 4600 miles. Dealer loaded this update. Also had to order missing switch for trailer brake controller. I see now that this update you screen shot is saying installing in the Chevy app. It’s been saying installing for days now. Agree there must be an issue with OTA updates.

Today I received a new OTA for my 22ZR2. The infotainment system seems to run a little faster. It wasn’t bad before but the change is noticeable. Does GM post a detailed list of everything changed in the OTA? It says there are a verity of software improvements and I’m interested in what that entails.
77DC6540-8DF0-4789-ACE3-AB51F7038FE7.jpeg
0921B980-57C4-4183-AB19-C22BAAB42037.png

I got the same thing last night. I agree, it installed without a hitch and was relatively quick.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back