STILLEN ZR2 INTAKE

ZR2NYC

Reaction score
what do you guys think? i thought about replacing my stock airbox but decided i want a stock appearance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230520_083222_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230520_083222_Chrome.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: AXE
what do you guys think? i thought about replacing my stock airbox but decided i want a stock appearance.
I have been eyeing one of these for months. Cool concept, but unsure of the benefits at $200. I’d pick one up used if I could find it.

I have been eyeing one of these for months. Cool concept, but unsure of the benefits at $200. I’d pick one up used if I could find it.
i thought same but think im gonna pull the trigger and add it with a KN filter.

I think it looks good on paper!
I'm gonna go look at the stock flow and maybe ?!
i read Stillen did some wind tunnel testing and smoothed out the air flow. that combined with the KN filter hopefully gives the truck some better acceleration at a stop sign. should make my borla sound a little better. i figure for $270 all in its worth a shot while maintaining stock appearance. we shall see.

i read Stillen did some wind tunnel testing and smoothed out the air flow. that combined with the KN filter hopefully gives the truck some better acceleration at a stop sign. should make my borla sound a little better. i figure for $270 all in its worth a shot while maintaining stock appearance. we shall see.
I purchased the dry flow washable filter, haven't put it in yet waiting until stock paper needs changing!

I have a full K&N intake system. I am considering adding the factory box back with a high flow filter and Air Raid intake tube.

It will do absolutely nothing...don't waste your money.

It looks like it might be an upgrade, just not sure how much....
It eliminates the flow from in front of the radiator via the 'slots', and concentrates it near the 'flow-tie' .....
Almost think it might hamper air flow?...
I might order it to scope it out, see what I think.

I'd just get a supercharger or a Ducati Panigale V4 that'll redline at 13,500 rpm and run 215 mph stock .........maybe a used Kawasaki ZX14 if you want to redline at 11,000 rpm and run 186 mph stock and save a few bucks.

Snake oil.

Air turbulence only matters at the MAF.

Everything else is flow rate.

Save your money and buy a AIRRAID jr. or spend the same and buy a proper closed box intake kit.

Last edited:
I'd just get a supercharger or a Ducati Panigale V4 that'll redline at 13,500 rpm and run 215 mph stock .........maybe a used Kawasaki ZX14 if you want to redline at 11,000 rpm and run 186 mph stock and save a few bucks.
hey funny guy, where can i see your live performance? lol

Reactions: AXE
It looks like it might be an upgrade, just not sure how much....
It eliminates the flow from in front of the radiator via the 'slots', and concentrates it near the 'flow-tie' .....
Almost think it might hamper air flow?...
I might order it to scope it out, see what I think.
im not expecting much...just a little stealthy bump. the KN is much better than 2stage oem for air flow.

Will this void your warranty? I called GM about aftermarket K&N and they told me any aftermarket changes would void my warranty. I want a better exhaust note and thought about the K&N. I think the GM performance exhaust is too loud for my style.

Will this void your warranty? I called GM about aftermarket K&N and they told me any aftermarket changes would void my warranty. I want a better exhaust note and thought about the K&N. I think the GM performance exhaust is too loud for my style.
This is incorrect. The intake will void the warranty if it is the direct cause of a problem. Adding an intake will not void your warranty.

the dealer would have to prove your installation of the KN filter caused damage that they of course are not liable for. i think Magnuson Moss act addresses this. As far as exhaust concerns, GM Borla accessory is S type muffler and imo is too loud from anemic stock system. i had mine fitted with Touring muffler, one step up and sounds great.

Most Member Reactions

Back