Stock Silverado ZR2 with 35" tires?

I agree. I wasn’t impressed with the wheels either. I wonder if there will be other options. Definitely rims and tires would be first to go. If they’ll fit.

Last edited:
If the stock rim is at least 8-inches wide we should be able to squeeze a 35-inch tall tire on the stock wheel.

I’m a bit surprised they didn’t go with a bead lock. I’m hoping we can fit a 35.if so, I’ll be going with KO2’s.

Nitto just announced a new All Terrain called the Recon Grappler. It just released specs for 18" wheels:

nitto-recon-grappler-18.png

I wanted to reopen this question as this is something I would like to do as well. As time has past has anyone seen anything to indicate if this would be possible? Throwing 35s on a zr2 without any additional modification?

If the stock rim is at least 8-inches wide we should be able to squeeze a 35-inch tall tire on the stock wheel.
I am pretty sure they are 8.5 inches wide for the factory wheels so it should be fine.

So I've been hesitant to go too big on my current rig ('07 Frontier) because I want to make sure my gears on the old girl don't get too messed up. From my online research (I'm definitely not an expert), running 35s should push you to change the gear ratio from 3.73 to 4.56. Would improve gas mileage, but also help keep that awesome 6.2L L87 engine with a 10-speed tranny running the way she's meant to.

I'd love to throw some 35s on there, but how many people are matching the gear ratios to those new tires? Especially after dropping $70K+ on a new truck and then adding another $1500-$2K for tires...

So I've been hesitant to go too big on my current rig ('07 Frontier) because I want to make sure my gears on the old girl don't get too messed up. From my online research (I'm definitely not an expert), running 35s should push you to change the gear ratio from 3.73 to 4.56. Would improve gas mileage, but also help keep that awesome 6.2L L87 engine with a 10-speed tranny running the way she's meant to.

I'd love to throw some 35s on there, but how many people are matching the gear ratios to those new tires? Especially after dropping $70K+ on a new truck and then adding another $1500-$2K for tires...
Stock gears are 3.23.

Stock gears are 3.23.
My bad. I keep seeing 3.73 on google searches, but now that I dig deeper I'm seeing the 3.23 ratio. Makes me question the impact of 35s even more...

So this YouTuber put a 2” lift on his trailboss. However, he only installed it on the front. This replaced his upper control arm as well as adding a spacer. The end result was that his truck was leveled and had room for 35s with some minor cutting. His wheels don’t look like they are any more offset than factor so adding some offset could make cutting unnecessary.

As for regearing. I’ve got a 2021 Jeep with 37s. Even though it came with 4.10 axles, it still needs re-gearing. This Youtube video has been the guide I’ve found for determining the best gear ratio.

From this video, you take the new tire size and multiply it by the current gear ratio. Then you divide it by the old tire size. That will give you a ratio. From there you pick the closest available gear ratio.

So, 35” x 3.23 / 33 = 3.425. Just a quick search and I see that 3.42 gears exist. You can go higher if you want, but 3.42 is where you should start if you’re re-gearing.

So if our ZR2s are 1/2” higher from factory we might be able to stuff 35s, without trimming, after a level. Depending on width I guess.

I’m a bit surprised they didn’t go with a bead lock. I’m hoping we can fit a 35.if so, I’ll be going with KO2’s.
Because they are illegal. There are dangers to them for street use. They are more prone to blowouts. There are balance issues.

It isn’t illegal to make them beadlock capable though.
Correct, it is an end around the law. They are DOT approved if they are beadlock capable. It does not change the fact that beadlocks are not the best for daily.

So if our ZR2s are 1/2” higher from factory we might be able to stuff 35s, without trimming, after a level. Depending on width I guess.
I believe that 1/2 inch comes from the 33's

So this YouTuber put a 2” lift on his trailboss. However, he only installed it on the front. This replaced his upper control arm as well as adding a spacer. The end result was that his truck was leveled and had room for 35s with some minor cutting. His wheels don’t look like they are any more offset than factor so adding some offset could make cutting unnecessary.

As for regearing. I’ve got a 2021 Jeep with 37s. Even though it came with 4.10 axles, it still needs re-gearing. This Youtube video has been the guide I’ve found for determining the best gear ratio.

From this video, you take the new tire size and multiply it by the current gear ratio. Then you divide it by the old tire size. That will give you a ratio. From there you pick the closest available gear ratio.

So, 35” x 3.23 / 33 = 3.425. Just a quick search and I see that 3.42 gears exist. You can go higher if you want, but 3.42 is where you should start if you’re re-gearing.
That’s not correct. 4.56’s would be what’s recommended for 35’s even though a 4.10 or even 3.73 isn’t horrible depending on the wheel/tire weight.
I’m hoping a 35 package will be available for 2023.

Because they are illegal. There are dangers to them for street use. They are more prone to blowouts. There are balance issues.
They are not any more prone to blowout than a regular wheel unless you're running a made in the garage special and did a crappy job.

Most Member Reactions

Back