Stock Silverado ZR2 with 35" tires?

Z’s are only a half inch higher due to the larger tire. The ride height is identical to 20” rim equipped trail bosses as both run 33’s.

I would expect a slight bump in width such as a 85 or more then likely a 95 will fit without much issues beside extreme suspension articulation.

35’s will not fit on a stock truck.

A 95 same aspect will net a 34.3 which is where my money will be is the limit of stock offset rims without spacers.

Up sizing the tires I feel will quickly under gear the truck as it’s absolutely inexcusable that GM went with 3.23’s given 3.42’s and even 3.73’s to some extent (not sure if the duramax also uses the 9.76 ring gear) are off the shelf items just like the rest of the truck for the most part.

It would turn doggy quickly like my 5.3 with 33’s

I think the key question is, what lift kit is necessary to fit 35’s but also won’t require trashing the multimatics.

i Tried to put 35” ko’s on my factory wheels and they rubbed in the back of the wheel wells. I didn’t want to use a lift or level, so I put some Nitto Ridge Grapplers in a 295/70/18 on. There is no rub, truck is bone stock. I like the tires, a lot less noise than the Goodyears.

Attachments

• 78EC0BB8-AAC9-44F1-BBE6-243E93490D5B.jpeg
    78EC0BB8-AAC9-44F1-BBE6-243E93490D5B.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 1,289
i Tried to put 35” ko’s on my factory wheels and they rubbed in the back of the wheel wells. I didn’t want to use a lift or level, so I put some Nitto Ridge Grapplers in a 295/70/18 on. There is no rub, truck is bone stock. I like the tires, a lot less noise than the Goodyears.
That looks really good! I've thought about going with a 285 75 18 on the stock wheels. I think they will fit without any rubbing.

hey,how are the 295/70 r18s on your truck?Is there still no rubbing?I ordered 295/70r18 Mickey Thompson A/Ts for mine so I am curious if you have found any issues?

Just to add to the conversation, BFG KO2 295/70/18’s release Oct 1.

69.4lbs 34.3” and minimum recommended pressure of 50.

It’s tempting, but increasing tire weight 15 lbs each and running 50PSI+ on range E seems like a heavy hit to the factory ride.

It’s ashame they don’t have more load range C tires for vehicles that are not in the GVWR spec to require E’s

I am running 35” BFG KM3 with no issue or rubbing in normal driving.

What are the metric measurements?

hey,how are the 295/70 r18s on your truck?Is there still no rubbing?I ordered 295/70r18 Mickey Thompson A/Ts for mine so I am curious if you have found any issues?
How did these work out for you? I'm looking into getting these for mine as well.

the 295/70R18 Mickey Thompson A/Ts are excellent!No rubbing and the look as well as the performance are excellent as well!you won’t be disappointed!
Glad to hear I'm gonna pull the trigger on them. Was their any trimming required?

Most Member Reactions

Back