Stock Silverado ZR2 with 35" tires?

Amazon has a good deal right now on the Falken Widpeak AT3 LT295/70/r18 - $301/tire + free shipping + 5% back if you use your Amazon card.

There are FAR better tires than the Falkens unless you're on a tight budget...but, you did just buy a $75K truck.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There are FAR better tires than the Falkens unless you're on a tight budget...but, you did just buy a $75K truck.
I put the 295/70/18 Wildpeaks on my Tundra after having Ridge Grapplers and KO2s. The wildpeaks are my least favor of the 3 looking. Just not as aggressive as the other 2 but have out performed the other 2.

The K02 I always had balancing issues. Had 3 trips to discount tire and they never could get them just right. Also, good in the wet, not good in the snow. Moved on to ridge grapplers. Prolly my favorite looking. They were not good in the wet. With an empty bed, I couldn’t turn out of a stop without the backend spinning. Great in snow, however.

The falkens have been the best performance I have found. I am at 50k miles and want to buy a new set but they are still performing great. The best wet weather tire I’ve tried and still great in snow after 50k miles. Love them.

I put the 295/70/18 Wildpeaks on my Tundra after having Ridge Grapplers and KO2s. The wildpeaks are my least favor of the 3 looking. Just not as aggressive as the other 2 but have out performed the other 2.

The K02 I always had balancing issues. Had 3 trips to discount tire and they never could get them just right. Also, good in the wet, not good in the snow. Moved on to ridge grapplers. Prolly my favorite looking. They were not good in the wet. With an empty bed, I couldn’t turn out of a stop without the backend spinning. Great in snow, however.

The falkens have been the best performance I have found. I am at 50k miles and want to buy a new set but they are still performing great. The best wet weather tire I’ve tried and still great in snow after 50k miles. Love them.
Happy that you have had a good experience. They like them too over on the Subaru forums...more for looks than anything and they're cheap! However, I typically go by Tire Rack Road Tests and what others on Truck Forums say, and there's a TON of tire info on the Inet everywhere. The latest tire review I read from a highly reputable publication that did this recently (wish I could remember where I read it) stated the BFG KO2 is "the" best tire for both off-road and highway driving. The TOYO AT3 was also an excellent performer. I almost put Ridge Grapplers on my 2021 RAM. I would NEVER put Terra Grapplers on any vehicle. But, after reading several reviews and speaking with many that did install the Ridges, they ALL stated that they were HORRIBLE in wet weather and I live in FL where we get dumped on heavily in the Summer. I don't buy tires for looks...I buy them for SAFETY. If I were going to buy tires today, I think I'd land on the BFG's.

Happy that you have had a good experience. They like them too over on the Subaru forums...more for looks than anything and they're cheap! However, I typically go by Tire Rack Road Tests and what others on Truck Forums say, and there's a TON of tire info on the Inet everywhere. The latest tire review I read from a highly reputable publication that did this recently (wish I could remember where I read it) stated the BFG KO2 is "the" best tire for both off-road and highway driving. The TOYO AT3 was also an excellent performer. I almost put Ridge Grapplers on my 2021 RAM. I would NEVER put Terra Grapplers on any vehicle. But, after reading several reviews and speaking with many that did install the Ridges, they ALL stated that they were HORRIBLE in wet weather and I live in FL where we get dumped on heavily in the Summer. I don't buy tires for looks...I buy them for SAFETY. If I were going to buy tires today, I think I'd land on the BFG's.
I have had the Toyo’s bfg’s and faulken and the faulken where the worst looking but performed far better than the other tires for me. Faulken was way better in the snow and the wet than the Toyo’s and lasted waaaaay longer than the bfg’s. I don’t believe 300 plus a tire puts them in the cheap category either but everyone should buy whatever tire they want and I hope it all works out for you.

I have had the Toyo’s bfg’s and faulken and the faulken where the worst looking but performed far better than the other tires for me. Faulken was way better in the snow and the wet than the Toyo’s and lasted waaaaay longer than the bfg’s. I don’t believe 300 plus a tire puts them in the cheap category either but everyone should buy whatever tire they want and I hope it all works out for you.
Wow. Same experience here. I actually did install them because I was tired of paying so much and thought I was saving a few bucks with them (as I had tried the KO2 and Ridge grapplers) and have been blown away with performance. Agree, that they are not the best looking. I like the ridge grapplers the best and Ko2 the second best. But the ridge grapplers wet performance almost scared me. Again from a stop in wet roads, my back tires would spin almost every time and the Tundra (2021) is kinda sluggish. If there was a ton of torque I’m not sure who bad they’d be.

Maybe the Falken have just outperformed expectations and that’s why I have been so impressed. But they have. Snow and wet have been the best tire I’ve used.

I drive roughly 40-45k miles a year in my vehicle so tires are important to me. The falken have aged better than the others as well. At 50k the others needed replacing. No clue if I’ll get another 20k from the Wildpeaks but at 55k they are still great. I service my tires every 7k miles.

Wow. Same experience here. I actually did install them because I was tired of paying so much and thought I was saving a few bucks with them (as I had tried the KO2 and Ridge grapplers) and have been blown away with performance. Agree, that they are not the best looking. I like the ridge grapplers the best and Ko2 the second best. But the ridge grapplers wet performance almost scared me. Again from a stop in wet roads, my back tires would spin almost every time and the Tundra (2021) is kinda sluggish. If there was a ton of torque I’m not sure who bad they’d be.

Maybe the Falken have just outperformed expectations and that’s why I have been so impressed. But they have. Snow and wet have been the best tire I’ve used.

I drive roughly 40-45k miles a year in my vehicle so tires are important to me. The falken have aged better than the others as well. At 50k the others needed replacing. No clue if I’ll get another 20k from the Wildpeaks but at 55k they are still great. I service my tires every 7k miles.
Very interesting to hear such positive reviews on the Falkens. Thanks for sharing your personal experiences guys!

Just following up on this topic, I have a stock 2023, running a 295/70/17 shouldn't be a issue correct? Thanks everyone!

Just following up on this topic, I have a stock 2023, running a 295/70/17 shouldn't be a issue correct? Thanks everyone!
Depends upon rim offset and width, tire width and height, how your truck sits stock, etc.

My 295/70/R18 Toyo RT Trails on -18 offsets would have torn up my wheel wells front and back. I trimmed them up and no problem.

Depends upon rim offset and width, tire width and height, how your truck sits stock, etc.

My 295/70/R18 Toyo RT Trails on -18 offsets would have torn up my wheel wells front and back. I trimmed them up and no problem.
Got cha.

So I picked up some methods 17x8.5 And I was wondering what size I can run (without lifting it) before it gets too big that trimming wont even fix the issue(I dont mind doing some trimming)?

I am currently torn between 285/75/17 Toyo AT3's (which keeps it in the 33' range so I should be good but I wanted K02's) or 285/75/17s in a K02 or Wildpeaks but they are E rated, not C.

What do you guys think?

Got cha.

So I picked up some methods 17x8.5 And I was wondering what size I can run (without lifting it) before it gets too big that trimming wont even fix the issue(I dont mind doing some trimming)?

I am currently torn between 285/75/17 Toyo AT3's (which keeps it in the 33' range so I should be good but I wanted K02's) or 285/75/17s in a K02 or Wildpeaks but they are E rated, not C.

What do you guys think?
Lifting won't solve clearance issues for tires bigger than 34.5 inch tall. The stock tires on stock wheels are close to 34 inch already. Even 0 offset will get close to rubbing above 34 inch tires. Any negative offset will rub some above 34 inches. Check out my thread on trimming. It's easy.

So I got a 2023 Trail Boss I put 35” and a front Rough Country Level Kit and had to do some cutting and a spacer 1/2” to make it work. I am about to trade in for a zr2 and will let you know what happens when I put them on. Ridge Grapplers

Attachments

• IMG_2431.jpeg
    IMG_2431.jpeg
    818.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2317.jpeg
    IMG_2317.jpeg
    584.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2316.jpeg
    IMG_2316.jpeg
    624.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2320.jpeg
    IMG_2320.jpeg