Stock Tires

NebraskaZR2

Reaction score
How's everyone liking the stock tires?

My truck should be here next week. I'm debating swapping out the wranglers for toyo open country AT3's in the stock size. Obviously these are a stiffer tire and heavier. Puncture resistance is my number 1 goal. I've had too many flat tires in my life...haha. Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on what they think of the wrangler territory MTs.

Thanks!

They're ok on highway. Noisier than my Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I haven't taken mine off-road yet so I can't comment on how they perform. I think I'm going to roll with the stock tires until we head to Moab next year. I'll throw the Ridge Grapplers on then.

I guess my follow up question would be for anyone running E rated tires has this affected the ride quality at all? I believe the stock tires are C rated which would suggest they should be a little more plush.

I guess my follow up question would be for anyone running E rated tires has this affected the ride quality at all? I believe the stock tires are C rated which would suggest they should be a little more plush.
I can tell you that on my Trail Boss, the Ridge Grapplers definitely changed the ride. It was much stiffer with the E rated tires vs the stock tires. I expect the same on the ZR2.

Going with the Toyo Open Country AT3s. I'll give my two cents on them after I get the pickup and get some miles on it.

FWIW…
Couldn’t get the toyo at3s
Soooooo, ended up with BFGoorich TA KO2s in stock size.
Extremely impressed with the ride. A profound upgrade even with the E rated tires from my 2020 Tundra (which I absolutely loved as well).

Also they look freaking sweet on this pickup.

I'm not overly impressed with the stock tires. They are ok on dry pavement but, as was previously said, a little louder than Nitto Ridge Grapplers. My largest complaint is poor wet weather traction. I will probably keep the stock tires a little longer but will most likely swap them well before their end of life.

Willing to post some pics? Would love to see.
421E2196-2974-45E3-92E7-B7C5EE17FFDD.jpeg

I can take some close ups if you want. Let me know.

Looks good. Thank you. Hows the sound/highway drone in the cab vs the stock tires?

Not sure on the stock tires as the minute it arrived I had them put these on. Didn’t even drive the stock ones.

I will say this…
After getting it up to highway speeds now a few more times. Noticeable chatter with bumps at higher speeds but hard to know if I’m just trying to pay more attention to it or if it really is any worse than my tundra which had the trd off road suspension and C rated tires. Around town it’s certainly better than that pickup was.

Now… as far as noise. That’s a completely different story. I honestly don’t notice any noise. In fact I was trying to pay attention to that as well and turned the radio all the way down and couldn’t hear anything outside of what would normally be expected.

So in summary.
Ride around town: A
Ride at highway speeds: B-
Noise: A+

Hope that helps.

Update on the KO2s..
I'm not sure if the suspension has softened up a bit with time but I have to say the ride at highway speeds seems to have drastically improved over the course of the first 1200 miles.
These are the best tires I have ever owned and it's not even close. We had 1/4 inch of ice and snowed 6 inches on top of that and these never even skipped a beat.
Very impressed. Highly recommend.

They're ok on highway. Noisier than my Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I haven't taken mine off-road yet so I can't comment on how they perform. I think I'm going to roll with the stock tires until we head to Moab next year. I'll throw the Ridge Grapplers on then.
Look at the Toyo AT3's before you go with the RG.

The Mickey Thompson Baja boss A/T look really good and I have heard some good things about them. Anyone have any experience with these yet?

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back