The full Peak / Falken / Pinnacle treatment

RVA_ZR2

Reaction score
My shop appointment finally arrived to install the various parts I've been compiling these past few months. It looks so much better than stock I can't get over it, and off pavement performance should follow suit.

- Peak 2.25" kit, UCAs, 1" rear blocks
-BORA 1/2" wheel spacers
- Falken Wildpeak R/T 295/70/18 (34.5 x 12)
- Pinnacle Offroad rear shock skids

Pre-lift I went ahead and trimmed the plastic & liner from the wheel rear while bending the old bolt mount back as documented frequently on this forum, but otherwise did not do a thing to the front bumper. Lock to lock I have no rubbing and appears to be plenty of room for the trail stuffage I require.

Next steps: additional underbelly protection from Pinnacle + Baja Designs lighting

Peak 3.jpg

Peak 6.jpg
Peak 4.jpg
Peak 8.jpg

For shits and giggles, here was my rental while the work was being done on my truck. I'm very glad to be back in my GM, but I must admit that 5.0 felt quick!

Ford Rental.jpg

Looks great, just the right amount of lift for the size tires. I ran those tires on my boys Tacoma and they are pretty nice tires for the price. Rode good and held up well.

My shop appointment finally arrived to install the various parts I've been compiling these past few months. It looks so much better than stock I can't get over it, and off pavement performance should follow suit.

-BORA 1/2" wheel spacers

Pre-lift I went ahead and trimmed the plastic & liner from the wheel rear while bending the old bolt mount back as documented frequently on this forum, but otherwise did not do a thing to the front bumper. Lock to lock I have no rubbing and appears to be plenty of room for the trail stuffage I require.

Next steps: additional underbelly protection from Pinnacle + Baja Designs lighting

View attachment 6812

View attachment 6813View attachment 6816View attachment 6817

For shits and giggles, here was my rental while the work was being done on my truck. I'm very glad to be back in my GM, but I must admit that 5.0 felt quick!

View attachment 6818
really nice setup.

Looks great looks like I,m going to have to spend some money soon and do some upgrade.

I agree, much better looking setup! They should come from the factory just like this to stand out with the ZR2 badge!😎
Looks really sharp. Curious about your tow hook replacement. What did you use to swap them out?

Reactions: AXE
One of my favorite things about the ZR2 is the front profile with so much of the tire showing at corners of bumper. The lift makes it even better!

-BORA 1/2" wheel spacers

View attachment 6812

View attachment 6818
I’m looking buying a 2023 ZR2 soon and doing the exact same mods that you’ve shown in this thread. In regards to your wheel spacers, did you have enough lugs left to not require new lug nuts or any mods? Also are you satisfied with the 1/2” spacers or would have gone wider? It looks like the 1/2” has your tires sitting flush which is the look I’m going for. Thanks.

I’m looking buying a 2023 ZR2 soon and doing the exact same mods that you’ve shown in this thread. In regards to your wheel spacers, did you have enough lugs left to not require new lug nuts or any mods? Also are you satisfied with the 1/2” spacers or would have gone wider? It looks like the 1/2” has your tires sitting flush which is the look I’m going for. Thanks.
With the 1/2" BORA spacers, you have plenty of lug left so you don't require anything new. I'm totally satisfied with the 1/2" size, it puts my tires flush with the body which like you, was the look I was going for.

With the 1/2" BORA spacers, you have plenty of lug left so you don't require anything new. I'm totally satisfied with the 1/2" size, it puts my tires flush with the body which like you, was the look I was going for.
Thanks for the reply. Great looking truck.

@RVA_ZR2

How's the ride? Did you notice any difference?

My old '16 Sierra, I leveled it and it changed the ride for the worse, so I am hesitant. I love how it looks though.

@RVA_ZR2

How's the ride? Did you notice any difference?

My old '16 Sierra, I leveled it and it changed the ride for the worse, so I am hesitant. I love how it looks though.
My ride is the same as stock if not better. You really need to be careful when you level or lift any of these trucks. The cheaper kits will kill your ride and suspension functionality. Peak is not a cheap kit and has been fully engineered specifically around the Multimatic suspension in these trucks. So not only is your ride not impacted, but if you do it correctly with corresponding UCAs your suspension maintains full functionality.

I have close to the same set up.
2" lift in the front and Peak blocks in the back. 1.5" spacers. Falken R/T 295/70/18.
Tires stick out just right imo. And the Falkens are so much quieter than the stock Territory. Plus they don't slosh around when towing with the E rating.

Attachments

• C40EF8F5-6D00-4E50-8ACA-D019394428C1.jpeg
    C40EF8F5-6D00-4E50-8ACA-D019394428C1.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 175
Looks good! I'm about to install my peak suspension kit and put some bigger tires. What brand spacers did you go with, and did you have to shave the studs? Does the 295/70 rub any when turning. If you don't mind post some pictures from the front showing how much the 1.5" spacers brought the tire out.

Looks good! I'm about to install my peak suspension kit and put some bigger tires. What brand spacers did you go with, and did you have to shave the studs? Does the 295/70 rub any when turning. If you don't mind post some pictures from the front showing how much the 1.5" spacers brought the tire out.
I only trust Bora for my spacers....more expensive than most but made to order and the best on the market. I didnt go with 1.5", i went with .5" only to minimize any potential for rubbing when stuffing the thicker rubber offroad. With the .5" spacers, there is no shaving of the studs (I don't think this is necessary with thicker Bora spacers either, at least not with the 1" and 1.5" I have run on other GM trucks in the past). This is about the best photo I have on hand at the moment, but with .5" spacers my tires sit perfectly flush with the body.
tires.jpg

-BORA 1/2" wheel spacers

View attachment 6812

View attachment 6818
Did you experience any rattling in the front suspension after the installation of the lift? I just put mine on and it has a rattle when hitting pot holes in the road. I checked all bolts for proper torque can't seem to get rid of the rattling

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back