The full Peak / Falken / Pinnacle treatment

Did you experience any rattling in the front suspension after the installation of the lift? I just put mine on and it has a rattle when hitting pot holes in the road. I checked all bolts for proper torque can't seem to get rid of the rattling
I did the Peak leveling and Cognito UCA. I chased a rattle sound for a week. I even got with Cognito support. I was sure I checked everything at least twice, if not more. I finally crawled under the truck and pushed up and down. I found the driver’s side sway bar link bolt just loose enough to make a rattle when moved. Torqued it again and the suspension has been quite ever since.

Reactions: AXE
I did the Peak leveling and Cognito UCA. I chased a rattle sound for a week. I even got with Cognito support. I was sure I checked everything at least twice, if not more. I finally crawled under the truck and pushed up and down. I found the driver’s side sway bar link bolt just loose enough to make a rattle when moved. Torqued it again and the suspension has been quite ever since.
I took it apart and put it back together with the same results. I seem to think it the peak UCA, but I didn't get it aligned yet, but not sure that is the cause of the rattle.

Reactions: AXE
I took it apart and put it back together with the same results. I seem to think it the peak UCA, but I didn't get it aligned yet, but not sure that is the cause of the rattle.
You called it, it was the sway bar. Alignment guy said if you don't run it up with impact then torque it. The rubber grommets don't seet good.

My shop appointment finally arrived to install the various parts I've been compiling these past few months. It looks so much better than stock I can't get over it, and off pavement performance should follow suit.

- Peak 2.25" kit, UCAs, 1" rear blocks
-BORA 1/2" wheel spacers
- Falken Wildpeak R/T 295/70/18 (34.5 x 12)
- Pinnacle Offroad rear shock skids

Pre-lift I went ahead and trimmed the plastic & liner from the wheel rear while bending the old bolt mount back as documented frequently on this forum, but otherwise did not do a thing to the front bumper. Lock to lock I have no rubbing and appears to be plenty of room for the trail stuffage I require.

Next steps: additional underbelly protection from Pinnacle + Baja Designs lighting

View attachment 6812

View attachment 6813View attachment 6816View attachment 6817

For shits and giggles, here was my rental while the work was being done on my truck. I'm very glad to be back in my GM, but I must admit that 5.0 felt quick!

View attachment 6818
So you only had to trim the rear to get the 295s to fit with the Peak 2.25 installed?

I’ve been looking for aftermarket end links since these are somewhat hard to tighten. Not much offered yet.

My shop appointment finally arrived to install the various parts I've been compiling these past few months. It looks so much better than stock I can't get over it, and off pavement performance should follow suit.

- Peak 2.25" kit, UCAs, 1" rear blocks
-BORA 1/2" wheel spacers
- Falken Wildpeak R/T 295/70/18 (34.5 x 12)
- Pinnacle Offroad rear shock skids

Pre-lift I went ahead and trimmed the plastic & liner from the wheel rear while bending the old bolt mount back as documented frequently on this forum, but otherwise did not do a thing to the front bumper. Lock to lock I have no rubbing and appears to be plenty of room for the trail stuffage I require.

Next steps: additional underbelly protection from Pinnacle + Baja Designs lighting

View attachment 6812

View attachment 6813View attachment 6816View attachment 6817

For shits and giggles, here was my rental while the work was being done on my truck. I'm very glad to be back in my GM, but I must admit that 5.0 felt quick!

View attachment 6818

Most Member Reactions

Back