The Refreshed 2022 Silverado Launch Timeline

skyshade

Founding Member
Reaction score
This time in the form of GM’s internal timeline for the 2022 Silverado launch cadence:

Reviewing the dates:

• November 29th 2021 – order guide goes live: True
    • December 2nd 2021 – orders open for dealers (quick order tool): True
    • December 15th 2021
      • Online configurator goes live without pricing: Not True
      • Pricing goes live for dealers, but might not include all packages and options: Not True
    • December 16th, 2021 – first order cycle: Seems to be super rare to find a dealer that was able to order in this date.
    • March 3rd 2022 (January 5th, 2022) – online configurator live with pricing.
    • February 15th 2022 (2022 February 7th, 2022) – Regular Cab and Crew Cab production beings
    • March 6th 2022 – Double Cab production begins
As you can see, the excitement for buyers of Chevy‘s full-size light duty pickup truck begin will on Monday November 29th. That’s when GM will publish the order guide. Shortly thereafter, order books will open for dealers via the quick order tool on December 2nd. Two weeks after that, on December 15th, the online configurator will launch, but it will not contain pricing information. Instead, pricing details will be made available to dealers, though these might not include all packages and options. The following day, on December 16th, GM will conduct the first order cycle for the refreshed 2022 Silverado 1500.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Chevy released the online configurator right away for the Z06 announcement but it's taken months for the ZR2 configurator to go live.

Wow, that's a little disappointing. At least give us something to keep the excitement going!

Yeah, I searched hard yesterday for the configurator based off GM Authority.

Last edited:
Hey guy’s got call today my dealer has an allocation ZR2 is ordered and pickup by General Motors. Now just wait for it to be built.

Hey guy’s got call today my dealer has an allocation ZR2 is ordered and pickup by General Motors. Now just wait for it to be built.
That is cool! I have 5 dealers on my list, but none of them has allocation. Can you share mode information about your dealer?

Oh no, my dealer has not called.

Where is the on line configurator? It's Jan 5th.......

This time in the form of GM’s internal timeline for the 2022 Silverado launch cadence:

Reviewing the dates:

• November 29th, 2021 – order guide goes live: True
    • December 2nd, 2021 – orders open for dealers (quick order tool): True
    • December 15th, 2021
      • Online configurator goes live without pricing: Not True
      • Pricing goes live for dealers, but might not include all packages and options: Not True
    • December 16th, 2021 – first order cycle: Not True
    • January 5th, 2022 – online configurator live with pricing Not True
    • February 7th, 2022 – Regular Cab and Crew Cab production beings
    • March 6th, 2022 – Double Cab production begins
As you can see, the excitement for buyers of Chevy‘s full-size light duty pickup truck begin will on Monday November 29th. That’s when GM will publish the order guide. Shortly thereafter, order books will open for dealers via the quick order tool on December 2nd. Two weeks after that, on December 15th, the online configurator will launch, but it will not contain pricing information. Instead, pricing details will be made available to dealers, though these might not include all packages and options. The following day, on December 16th, GM will conduct the first order cycle for the refreshed 2022 Silverado 1500.

The rest of this timeline has me wondering... I was told the ZR2 will only come in crew cab. Not other models will be made.

The ZR2 yes it will only be available in crew cab. The timeline however is for all of the trims and that's why you see other configurations listed.

The ZR2 yes it will only be available in crew cab. The timeline however is for all of the trims and that's why you see other configurations listed.
Any idea on when the ZR2 configurator will be released ?

I would bet next month, because they are still promoting the 2021 and the 2022 LTD on their web site. All news related to it said they will remove 2021 and 2022 LTD from the web site when the real 2022 configurator is released.

Last edited:
Looking like the new date for the configurator is March 3rd for the refresh.

I can understand the reason behind pushing back production a month, but it sure is disappointing to not even have the configurator available!!

Most Member Reactions

Back