Tire pressure

zrteton

Reaction score
What's everyone running on their HD ZR2?

50psi seems to be "standard" for on road daily driving.

How far have you successfully aired down in off road situations without losing the bead off the rim on the stock wheel/tire configuration?

What about pressures with aftermarket tires and or wheel/tire combinations?

At what PSI does the low tire pressure warning appear?

What are your best performance results on and off road?

55 psi is stock recommendation and it rides great.

I haven't aired down on the stock tires, but I would go down to 15 psi on Toyo load range E on previous 2500HDs. I'd try it at 25 and see how it goes, then go from there.

So far it seems that somewhere in the 50-55psi realm is good for daily driving. The stock tires appear to sit fairly square on the road at this level, so running less doesn't seem necessary like it is with some other well-known tires in unloaded trucks.

I'll wait to experiment with off road pressures when I get to some soft dirt and sand later this spring.

I run 68 psi Cold in my heavy-duty tires 24x7 year-round except when hauling a heavy load. The max pressure on these is 80psi. Was off road for the last several days in rocks and also very sandy conditions with absolutely no traction issues.

I worry more about the thin sidewalls and light construction on the factory tires and that is one reason they were RR'ed on day 1.

Game camera got me filling a feeder couple of days ago. The BFG HD's are just outstanding.

1714044547432.png

55 psi is stock recommendation and it rides great.

I haven't aired down on the stock tires, but I would go down to 15 psi on Toyo load range E on previous 2500HDs. I'd try it at 25 and see how it goes, then go from there.
Stock the Air pressure is set higher in back. Did you set all 4 the same? There was a time when I could tell if a tire was
Off 3 psi from the others before computer monitoring. Now I can use your guys knowledge. I have the stock tires 2500 zr2. and want to get into the sweet spot. Any current trailers been pulling are around 3600#. , i thought the rear stock pressure was a little stiff🤪

Stock the Air pressure is set higher in back. Did you set all 4 the same? There was a time when I could tell if a tire was
Off 3 psi from the others before computer monitoring. Now I can use your guys knowledge. I have the stock tires 2500 zr2. and want to get into the sweet spot. Any current trailers been pulling are around 3600#. , i thought the rear stock pressure was a little stiff🤪
I run mine at 55 on all corners. My last truck ran at 58, because the TPMS would throw a warning about there. I would tow light at the same 55 psi, but 75 psi at all corners towing heavy.

Most Member Reactions

Back