Tonneau cover

The Prez

Reaction score
I have a 23 ZR2 Bison. Looking for a Tonneau that keeps the bed dry. I know none are perfect, however the last few had did a pretty dam good job. Thanks!!

Reactions: AXE

This is the one I have on my truck. When it rains really hard you still get a little bit of water around the edges but not that bad. I guess unless you get a hard fiberglass single piece cover you will always get a little water inside.

I have a Truxedo Truxport and while it's not their highest level, but it keeps the rain out. The car wash lets a little in by the tailgate and I can live with that.

It all depends on how you need to use it. Retractable? Get a RETRAX. I have the BAK X4S and love it since I didn't want any space being taken up by the canister. The Peragon is an awesome cover to and flexible.

I have a 23 ZR2 Bison. Looking for a Tonneau that keeps the bed dry. I know none are perfect, however the last few had did a pretty dam good job. Thanks!!
I just installed the Diamondback HD bed cover. I'm very impressed with it. I have not seen water penetration .

Attachments

• IMG-20230818-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20230818-WA0003.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG-20230818-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20230818-WA0001.jpeg
    545.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG-20230818-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20230818-WA0005.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 111
I used a Truxedo Low Pro on my last 2 trucks. I’ll do the same on this one. Keeps everything dry and it rolls up pretty tight to the back of the cab and out of the way.

Have the electric Retrax. So worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_8692.jpeg
    IMG_8692.jpeg
    380.1 KB · Views: 91
That's a really nice bed cover! I like that it's solid.

I have the Chevy branded tonneau cover and no complaints (used my points to get cost down). I’ve had rough country and truxedo in the past and this one is my favorite to date. The install fits the holes in the rails perfect (behind the plastic) so the most secure roll up tonneau cover out there.

Hi, how do you find it? Is it waterproof.. am interested in running the same rack system also.
Cheers
Realtruck or places like that carry them. I have the Retrax pro XR cover and a bed rack. Same cover, just not electric. I think the electric version is called Powertrax pro XR. You just want to make sure you get a XR with which ever version you get. The XR is the one with the T slot for bed racks or accessories.
20221209_153142.jpg

Realtruck or places like that carry them. I have the Retrax pro XR cover and a bed rack. Same cover, just not electric. I think the electric version is called Powertrax pro XR. You just want to make sure you get a XR with which ever version you get. The XR is the one with the T slot for bed racks or accessories.
View attachment 7060
Awesome.. thankyou, much appreciated 😎👍🏻👍🏻

I just picked up a used roll n lock off of FB marketplace for $500. Was missing a few mounting pieces but nothing a few bits of aluminum and tapping kit can’t fix.

Most covers do a pretty good job. The key to fully sealing them is to add a seal kit to the tailgate. I just watch a YouTube video of a seal kit install on a Silverado. Might do some looking there.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back