Trade ins?

TXZR2

Founding Member
Reaction score
Has anybody worked on what they would get for trade in? Vroom offered to buy my truck last year for $1,000 less than what I paid new in 2019 for my silverado. I don't know what dealers are offering, but I am sure not close. I don't want to pay full tax on a 70k truck, so hoping for a happy medium. Where are y'all at?

It depends on the dealer. Use your Vroom offer as leverage to get the most for your truck. The used car/truck market is still extremely hot. Also, shop you truck around some more. Vroom doesn’t exactly have a stellar reputation.

It depends on the dealer. Use your Vroom offer as leverage to get the most for your truck. The used car/truck market is still extremely hot. Also, shop you truck around some more. Vroom doesn’t exactly have a stellar reputation.
I don't know about their rep, but they paid me 36.5k for a 2016 SS Camaro last year. Had the check two days after they picked it up.

I don't know about their rep, but they paid me 36.5k for a 2016 SS Camaro last year. Had the check two days after they picked it up.

That's great, I just have heard a few horror stories with them.

I used GiveMeTheVIn.com to sell my Raptor last year. I got $5000 more than I paid for it.

I sold my wife's 2018 Lexus IS350 via F/B Marketplace and was almost instantly contacted by Texas Auto Value in Addison, TX and they came the next day and paid cash money for it. The gave me what I was asking which was much more than had been offered for trade-in by 2 different Lexus dealers in Tulsa and Dallas trading for a 2022 IS350, as well as more than Vroom, Carvana and Carmax offered.

I will be contacting them again for my 2020 LTZ once my ZR2 arrives to make sure I maximize my current LTZ value.

I sold my wife's 2018 Lexus IS350 via F/B Marketplace and was almost instantly contacted by Texas Auto Value in Addison, TX and they came the next day and paid cash money for it. The gave me what I was asking which was much more than had been offered for trade-in by 2 different Lexus dealers in Tulsa and Dallas trading for a 2022 IS350, as well as more than Vroom, Carvana and Carmax offered.

I will be contacting them again for my 2020 LTZ once my ZR2 arrives to make sure I maximize my current LTZ value.

I’ve never heard of them but nothing you’ve said there surprises me. The used car market is a bubble. Eventually it’ll pop but if you can take advantage now, go for it.

Most Member Reactions

Back