Transmission Shuttering

Anthony

Reaction score
I just purchased a 22 ZR2 and only has 600 miles & transmission is shuttering in between shifts. At the dealer now, so hopefully it will taken care of. I had a 21 Trail Boss with 6.2 and put 19,000 miles on it with no issues what-so-ever, not happy right now.

I just purchased a 22 ZR2 and only has 600 miles & transmission is shuttering in between shifts. At the dealer now, so hopefully it will taken care of. I had a 21 Trail Boss with 6.2 and put 19,000 miles on it with no issues what-so-ever, not happy right now.
Did you ever figure this out? Mine is driving me crazy

No, they had 3 techs drive it and said they couldn’t duplicate it. I feel it all the time, taking to another dealer now.

If thats what they tell me, its trx time.
Dan Hermer
Vice President, North America Quality
General Motors

This guy emailed me a survey regarding my thoughts on the new ZR2. I let him know the truth about what my thoughts were regarding transmission, he has yet responded to my email.

My dad has an escalade, had similar issues and we thought it was trans. Long story short ended up being the motor, ended up blowing it up and caddy covered with warranty. They guy on youtube thought it was his trans as well, until it dropped a lifter. It could be misfiring as well or something of that matter. All i know is something is not right and i am not pleased. I love how this truck looks, and i was extremely happy with it. I have drove chevys my whole life, but if they dont fix this issue im going to swap it for a trx. 80k for a truck. It should have no issues.

And to add, seems weird that all these dealership have slightly used zr2’s with low miles popping up now. Makes me wonder.

And to add, seems weird that all these dealership have slightly used zr2’s with low miles popping up now. Makes me wonder.

I'm actually not sure that's related. I'm on a few different groups on Facebook. Lots of new vehicles getting posted for sale with low miles. Most of them say for life reasons. Lots of them owe a ton on them. I think a lot of people overpaid and with the used car market falling like a rock. Lots of people are trying to get out of their big vehicle loans. Imagine the people who financed a large percentage, plus paid a market adjustment. Now the radio and any automotive channel on youtube is constantly talking about how fast the values are dropping on vehicles. Carvana is going to go bankrupt, ect. Could be wrong. But out of the two ZR2 groups I'm on and this forum. I haven't seen to much about transmission issues.

That could also be a reason. All i know is have a zr2 that does not make me happy. Im not here to talk shit about the truck btw, im here to try and figure out what is wrong with it.

I wasn't trying to dismiss your issues. Just was commenting on the part about low mile trucks for sale. There is all makes and models. Especially the higher trims.

Have you had a dealer look at yours at all yet? It sounds like the dealer hasn't even seen it yet. Maybe hold judgment until they have a chance to trouble shoot the problem.

Goes in on monday. Two others have the same issue on this forum. One has already been sent home unresolved.

i read somewhere thata the trans needs about 4k miles to figure out shift patterns. also during the first 4k miles you should vary your driving habits to help the computer lean how to shift. i haven't noticed anyting in mine.

I have heard the same thing about the truck. That it takes a while to learn your habits. I didn't know it took 4k. More like 1k.
I have 110 miles on mine. I only notice a slight shutter from a stop when auto shut off is on. If I turn the auto shut-off off. I don't notice it.

Is it true that disconnecting the battery for a bit will then reset the transmission learning curve? Anyone know for certain?

Just purchased a 2022 ZR2 this past weekend. Has 5K miles. From what they said the owner of the dealership was driving it. I have or thought I noticed a shudder at times but not consistent. Then I read this thread. I talked to the dealer about it and they said I could bring it in to have it looked at. Since it has no codes I said I would wait and drive it a bit more to be sure since I just got it.

I'm actually not sure that's related. I'm on a few different groups on Facebook. Lots of new vehicles getting posted for sale with low miles. Most of them say for life reasons. Lots of them owe a ton on them. I think a lot of people overpaid and with the used car market falling like a rock. Lots of people are trying to get out of their big vehicle loans. Imagine the people who financed a large percentage, plus paid a market adjustment. Now the radio and any automotive channel on youtube is constantly talking about how fast the values are dropping on vehicles. Carvana is going to go bankrupt, ect. Could be wrong. But out of the two ZR2 groups I'm on and this forum. I haven't seen to much about transmission issues.
This is a very accurate statement. It’s amazing how much underwater the average person is in a vehicle. Especially a limited availability vehicle like these trucks.

I’m sure some were planning on playing the flip game and those days are over. The fact that we have a dealer on this forum advertising multiple vehicles at supplier pricing shows the state of the market.

My truck now has 11,000 miles on it and has the dreaded shudder at low rpm's while upshifting to higher gears. I've experienced this with my '19 Corvette with the A8, so I know the symptoms and how it feels. I'm not too pleased to feel the same with the 10 speed. On my Vette there was a TSB that recommended a "triple flush" of the transmission with a new, updated tranny fluid. That did work on my Vette as I have put an additional 40,000 miles on it with no issues. Curious if GM will put a TSB out on the 10 speed as well.

Most Member Reactions

Back