Transmission Shuttering

The more I drive it the more I feel the shudder/studder/stumble. It’s like the tranny is hunting for right gear or downshifting. Really notice it around 40mph cruising on level or uphill a press on gas. I tried it in L7 but it’s the same. Very annoying. At this point I don’t want waste time taking it to the dealer just yet after reading this thread. Disappointing 1st week after noticing the hood insert chipping as well. That’s another known thread.

Did this ever get sorted out? I feel each of the shifts through the steering wheel under low acceleration between ~10 mph and ~30 mph. It's noticeable enough where my kids call it out - they heard me talking about it, so they chime in with "I felt that" or "it did it again".

Took it to the dealer, and they drove it and said they could feel it too. They found a TSB (22-NA-015), hooked up a scan tool to graph the transmission speed sensor and engine speeds, and determined that the torque converter clutch is functioning within spec. They said it wasn't present in Manual Mode (assuming this was done to disable the DFM). They then drove another truck from their lot and it did the same thing, so they said it was "normal". Chalked it up to "engine speed is unbalanced due to dynamic fuel management commanding less cylinders to contribute during operation". My wife's escalade has the 6.2L and the 10-speed, and it doesn't do this - wondering if I should keep chasing this or trust the diagnosis of it being "normal".

Did this ever get sorted out? I feel each of the shifts through the steering wheel under low acceleration between ~10 mph and ~30 mph. It's noticeable enough where my kids call it out - they heard me talking about it, so they chime in with "I felt that" or "it did it again".

Took it to the dealer, and they drove it and said they could feel it too. They found a TSB (22-NA-015), hooked up a scan tool to graph the transmission speed sensor and engine speeds, and determined that the torque converter clutch is functioning within spec. They said it wasn't present in Manual Mode (assuming this was done to disable the DFM). They then drove another truck from their lot and it did the same thing, so they said it was "normal". Chalked it up to "engine speed is unbalanced due to dynamic fuel management commanding less cylinders to contribute during operation". My wife's escalade has the 6.2L and the 10-speed, and it doesn't do this - wondering if I should keep chasing this or trust the diagnosis of it being "normal".
I think your only option at this point is to try a different dealer and see what conclusion they come to.

Nope, nobody ever fixed my issue. Took too multiple dealers, told me nothing was wrong with it. Im not driving an 80k truck that does not perform like its supposed too. For me personally, that was not something i could live. Took it next door and traded it on a TRX. Not a single issue with my TRX, and im absolutely in love with it. Basically shits on the ZR2 in every aspect. Good luck!

Nope, nobody ever fixed my issue. Took too multiple dealers, told me nothing was wrong with it. Im not driving an 80k truck that does not perform like its supposed too. For me personally, that was not something i could live. Took it next door and traded it on a TRX. Not a single issue with my TRX, and im absolutely in love with it. Basically shits on the ZR2 in every aspect. Good luck!
This was your one and only post??? I smell a troll.....

Im not going to argue with you. I was on this forum before you were. Ive had multiple posts on different topics. I was responding to someone who sent me a private message asking if i got my issue resolved.

I was cash Zr2 in my other posts. Haven’t been on in a while since i have not had to deal with issues and try to find answers for the pos truck i bought. Maybe i just ended up with one of the bad ones idk. But you wont hear from me anymore!

I was cash Zr2 in my other posts. Haven’t been on in a while since i have not had to deal with issues and try to find answers for the pos truck i bought. Maybe i just ended up with one of the bad ones idk. But you wont hear from me anymore!
Well if you wouldn't have changed your forum name, things would have made more sense. Not sure who that jackass is here, but I don't think it's me ;) Enjoy your truck

It's actually the fuel management system cutting off from 8 to 4 that causes it. I've had the Chevy Shudder on every modern vehicle that I've owned and once I've installed DMI/DFI override the shudder was gone. Too bad the pulsar doesn't work yet with the ZR2.

But yeah, I wanted to share my experience because I did go insane for a while thinking it was the transmission and took it in numerous times without them being able to duplicate it. Did the transmission flush with the high quality fluid and everything to no avail. I think it was a random Chevy forum where I learned about it being the DMI/DFI.

It's actually the fuel management system cutting off from 8 to 4 that causes it. I've had the Chevy Shudder on every modern vehicle that I've owned and once I've installed DMI/DFI override the shudder was gone. Too bad the pulsar doesn't work yet with the ZR2.

But yeah, I wanted to share my experience because I did go insane for a while thinking it was the transmission and took it in numerous times without them being able to duplicate it. Did the transmission flush with the high quality fluid and everything to no avail. I think it was a random Chevy forum where I learned about it being the DMI/DFI.
Just drive in L9 and call it a day until the Pulsars available.

"Just drive in L9 and call it a day....".
This is what I do when driving around town or until I hit the highway. When I hit the highway, I shift into Drive.
Sometimes I'll forget (I'm old) and just leave it in Drive. I have no shutter issues.

My truck now has 11,000 miles on it and has the dreaded shudder at low rpm's while upshifting to higher gears. I've experienced this with my '19 Corvette with the A8, so I know the symptoms and how it feels. I'm not too pleased to feel the same with the 10 speed. On my Vette there was a TSB that recommended a "triple flush" of the transmission with a new, updated tranny fluid. That did work on my Vette as I have put an additional 40,000 miles on it with no issues. Curious if GM will put a TSB out on the 10 speed as well.
I had that problem with my 2017 HC with 15k miles and the dealer performed the triple flush as per the TSB and that cured the problem until I traded in my truck with 52k miles.

Reactions: AXE
I had that problem with my 2017 HC with 15k miles and the dealer performed the triple flush as per the TSB and that cured the problem until I traded in my truck with 52k miles.
I have noticed the same with mine as well. Seems to happen in awd and both 4 wheel drives. A triple flush and new tranny fluid fixes it? The truck is a 2023 why would they not do this from the factory

I just purchased a 22 ZR2 and only has 600 miles & transmission is shuttering in between shifts. At the dealer now, so hopefully it will taken care of. I had a 21 Trail Boss with 6.2 and put 19,000 miles on it with no issues what-so-ever, not happy right now.
I read in another forum were a owner had that shuttering issue with his 22 ZR2 with 15k miles and the tranny was tripled flushed but the problem continued after 5k miles. Finally the dealer replaced the torque converter and that took care of the problem. That shuttering that you feel is the TC.

Hey guys,
First post here, I came across the page when I was looking for answers to the shuttering/shuddering I had on my brand new 2023 ZR2 Silverado with 200km on the clock. V8 6.2L

it would happen on acceleration, no matter the gear or speed, but around about 2000-2500rpm.

I pulled over and put it in neutral, and took the revs to the same rpm and there’d be a little jolt at the 2500 rev range
There was a slight shake when idling, maybe every 30 seconds or 1min, tried turning off auto start/stop, didn’t make a difference.

Dealer mechanics ph tested the transmission oil for any sign of water ingress, came up clear, they then did a road test. Diagnosed there was a misfire. The spark plugs had been decarbonised already.
They found one of the plug connectors was faulty, the insulation on the cable was short and shorting out.
They replaced that and the spark plug and test drove again, no issues at all.

I also got a bit of info from this page.

Hope this helps others out there in the future!

Cheers

I had the same issues with my 2023 with 4,000 miles but it was my transmission auxiliary pump

Most Member Reactions

Back