Truck wouldn't start - Service Steering Column Lock

TobinMarch

Reaction score
Was in parking lot shopping. Remote start on approach to truck. Opened rear door and loaded truck with stuff. Entered the Driver Seat. Pressed brake and start button. Truck didn't transfer to full "On" position. Attempted to stop truck and restart. Couldn't turn off the Accessory's, engine did stop. AC continued to run (hot).

FIX: disconnect battery for 2 min. Truck started.

Was in parking lot shopping. Remote start on approach to truck. Opened rear door and loaded truck with stuff. Entered the Driver Seat. Pressed brake and start button. Truck didn't transfer to full "On" position. Attempted to stop truck and restart. Couldn't turn off the Accessory's, engine did stop. AC continued to run (hot).

Mine did that exact same thing and I did the exact same fix at the time. (battery disconnect and reconnect) The dealership replaced some module that caused it to happen. I don't have the receipt with me to be more specific, but the service advisor fixed it right away. Good luck!

Mine did that exact same thing and I did the exact same fix at the time. (battery disconnect and reconnect) The dealership replaced some module that caused it to happen. I don't have the receipt with me to be more specific, but the service advisor fixed it right away. Good luck!
Thanks… The battery disconnect was the fix for me as well… I’m taking the truck in to have the Borla exhaust installed this Monday. I’ll bring it up with the service techs… Thanks again

My battery died the other day and when I got jumped I got the service steering column lock message, which kept happening with each start until I adjusted my steering column and then put it back in the same position 🤷🏻‍♂️ hasn’t happened since

Had similar they swapped the ECM module, so far, so good.

Dude! I left my hazards on by accident over the weekend. Came home Monday, jumped the car wouldn’t start. Next day, charged battery, wouldn’t start. Finally, found your comment. Disconnected battery, and boom. Back in action! 2021 Silverado. Saved me a tow truck, an appointment and God knows what the dealer would have said. Funny thing is none of the service techs I spoke with, had any idea. Thanks man!

My Corvette did this twice while I had it and never in a convenient location or time. GM finally admitted there was a problem and did a recall so I at least got my money back.

Most Member Reactions

Back