Tuner for refresh?

HoustonBlitz

Reaction score
Hello... Does anyone have insight as to when a tuner (i.e., the Pulsar) will be available for refreshed trucks?

Hello... Does anyone have insight as to when a tuner (i.e., the Pulsar) will be available for refreshed trucks?
Isn’t likely for awhile. Global B has some of the most aggressive security in automotive history. Trifecta has had some luck with a SINGLE C8 ECM but that’s a hardware level modification to bypass the encryption.

I do also believe they are dabbling in the V cars but it’s a multi thousand dollar modification that’s still very much in development.

Unfortunately, these trucks will be locked for the foreseeable future.

Weird. So Superchips now has the 2022 6.2l Refreshed body as an option without the VIN warning that the prior Pulsar LT carried. I called and talked to someone who said it will work with the 2022 refresh. Annnnnnyhow...I ordered it on Sunday, received the shipping notification, noticed the part number matched the 2019-2022 one, sent an email...and no response. I did receive it yesterday so I'll see what happens but 99% chance I'm calling Pulsar and asking for a refund.

Pulsar LT, use the top menu to select 6.2l new body.

Weird. So Superchips now has the 2022 6.2l Refreshed body as an option without the VIN warning that the prior Pulsar LT carried. I called and talked to someone who said it will work with the 2022 refresh. Annnnnnyhow...I ordered it on Sunday, received the shipping notification, noticed the part number matched the 2019-2022 one, sent an email...and no response. I did receive it yesterday so I'll see what happens but 99% chance I'm calling Pulsar and asking for a refund.

Pulsar LT, use the top menu to select 6.2l new body.
Let us know what happens!

Absolutely nothing currently talks to Global B. The C8 guys have been dealing with this for years now.

I installed a Pedal Commander on my ZR2. I know It's not a full blown tuner, but the increased throttle response is awesome.

I received a Response from EDGE Products last week concerning the Pulsar LT for our trucks:

Sent: Friday, January 6, 2023 2:38 PM
Subject: RE: Form Contact Edge Products Submission

Good Afternoon,
We are currently working on the refreshed 2022+ Silverado/Sierra support. However, we don’t have an ETA on it just yet, unfortunately. If you haven't already, feel free to give us a follow on Facebook. We will make the release announcement there when it's ready.

Thank you,

Pulsar LT

I heard that to about a bad batch of lifters. Too bad nothing has changed. I watch an "X" Ram mechanic, and he says the Hemi lifters actually hold up pretty well. Like everyone here I hope that I got lucky with my 2023. My neighbors have a Suburban that they short trip 3 or 4 times a day. Never go on any trips, so all town driving. They have not had one problem with lifters! There are so many GMC's & Silverado's around here. I wonder what the actual % is of these failures? It doesn't look like it's any better than the old system that was so problematic. I did a search for a % figure and didn't find much. I did the same for Ram truck's and came up with 5%. I think Rams are probably less than that overall. I like this truck, but it has to be reliable.

Shy of tuning out AFM and maybe a few other small changes, (like when your fans come on,) there isn't a whole lot of tuning to be had out of your 6.2 other than it already is. Maybe disabling torque management, etc. Without FI, there aren't really any big gains out there with just a tune, itself.

I heard that to about a bad batch of lifters. Too bad nothing has changed. I watch an "X" Ram mechanic, and he says the Hemi lifters actually hold up pretty well. Like everyone here I hope that I got lucky with my 2023. My neighbors have a Suburban that they short trip 3 or 4 times a day. Never go on any trips, so all town driving. They have not had one problem with lifters! There are so many GMC's & Silverado's around here. I wonder what the actual % is of these failures? It doesn't look like it's any better than the old system that was so problematic. I did a search for a % figure and didn't find much. I did the same for Ram truck's and came up with 5%. I think Rams are probably less than that overall. I like this truck, but it has to be
I was wondering if a change to a different oil weight or synthetic oil would help with the lifters collapsing.

I was wondering if a change to a different oil weight or synthetic oil would help with the lifters collapsing.
I would think not. First of all, 0W20 is full synthetic (that's what's in our trucks) so no worries there. You want the best oil flow possible and 0W20 will give you that. Do NOT change your oil viscosity.

Any updates on when this will be available? Odd that they offer it on other newer models. Seems like that would have same technology

Thought I had seen something for the new baby dmax and 6.6 HDs. Admittedly haven’t looked super close since I do t have those

Thought I had seen something for the new baby dmax and 6.6 HDs. Admittedly haven’t looked super close since I do t have those
You cannot compare a diesel ECU to a gasser ECU. There is nothing available for the gassers yet. I am not even sure that Banks has released their 6.6L or 3.0L Dura/babymax programming yet. You have no signature...what are you driving?

Most Member Reactions

Back