UAW Strike

AXE

Reaction score
I know several people are thinking about getting new rigs like the Colorado ZR2, 1500 ZR2 Duramax, and HD ZR2. Now might be the best time to buy.

If the UAW strikes, prices will go through the roof and supply will be very short again.

Also, they are gearing up for more covid bullshit, so it'll be an interesting end to 2023 and 2024 no doubt.

I was hearing about this the other day. Yeah I'd be nervous if I had a truck on order or I was about to order one. A strike will bring everything to a halt. Regardless what the results are automakers will use it as an reason to raise prices. I also don't think they really mind shortages. They figured out in covid they could make more selling less if stuff is harder to come by.

I was hearing about this the other day. Yeah I'd be nervous if I had a truck on order or I was about to order one. A strike will bring everything to a halt. Regardless what the results are automakers will use it as an reason to raise prices. I also don't think they really mind shortages. They figured out in covid they could make more selling less if stuff is harder to come by.
I at least locked in my price, supposed to be built this month…I guess we’ll see. Crazy times.

I at least locked in my price, supposed to be built this month…I guess we’ll see. Crazy times.
Yeah that's good. The only downside to that is intrest rates and promotions. I gave up on my ZR2 order last year and just found one. Strangely enough once all the promotions were done and intrest rates shot up from 2.8% to 6%+ my original order shipped out, lol.

Remember the good old days, like 3 years ago when they were Running good deals? You could just go down to a lot and pick out a vehicle. For years that was the only time I bought a vehicle actually. I waited for zero APR or some big rebate. Now you order it and cross your fingers they have some promotion going when it shows up.

Yep, those UAW demands are steep. I'm sure it'll land somewhere much lower. Ford is already offering pretty big raises, so they'll get passed along to consumers. We'll buy eventually, because we have to......I guess.

I still haven't gotten a price, so I'll probably get hosed.......more or less accepted now.......like taxes and death.

It's wierd, cause I've seen inventory fluctuations a lot in last 9 months. One time I drive by a dealers lot and there's quite a few trucks, a few months later not many.......all manufacturers. Weird as hell and no way to predict what will happen.

Looks like GM might take it in the nuts cause of low inventory!

Hearing strike will only be at select factories at first.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck at 3300 in build process, so not sure its on the line or not.

Have to get a Tesla to tow!

Yeah that's good. The only downside to that is intrest rates and promotions. I gave up on my ZR2 order last year and just found one. Strangely enough once all the promotions were done and intrest rates shot up from 2.8% to 6%+ my original order shipped out, lol.

Remember the good old days, like 3 years ago when they were Running good deals? You could just go down to a lot and pick out a vehicle. For years that was the only time I bought a vehicle actually. I waited for zero APR or some big rebate. Now you order it and cross your fingers they have some promotion going when it shows up.
I lucked out stupidly on my truck. 11 under “printed sticker” and 1.9 on what I financed. My wife’s Fusion we bought in 2020 was also 10 grand off. (24 grand for a Titanium? Sold?)

In a good position to camp 🏕️ with some marshmallows for about 6-8 years with both and let Biden’s America play out and get back to sanity.

Looks like GM mid sized trucks and vans will be struck! Might keep the 1500 & HD ZR2s moving for awhile.

Seems like a bitch move by UAW after waving their dicks around for a month!

The demands are outrageous. 40% salary increase 32 hour work weeks, pensions and elimination of tier pay scales.

90 grand a year as an assembler plus a pension and profit sharing? Come on.

The demands are outrageous. 40% salary increase 32 hour work weeks, pensions and elimination of tier pay scales.

90 grand a year as an assembler plus a pension and profit sharing? Come o
I know several people are thinking about getting new rigs like the Colorado ZR2, 1500 ZR2 Duramax, and HD ZR2. Now might be the best time to buy.

If the UAW strikes, prices will go through the roof and supply will be very short again.

Also, they are gearing up for more covid bullshit, so it'll be an interesting end to 2023 and 2024 no doubt.

Strike started today. 13,000 workers currently on strike in Michigan and Ohio.

Prices going up hourly! It'll fuck up the entire industry.

Yep........five things working against American workers and prosperity, among many others!

1 mega corporations with no or little competition and unlimited government support
2 wall street and profits above all else
3 labor union leaders with little regard to their members, but highly concerned about relationships with politicians
4 politicians and lobbyists that hate American workers, but love their union dues and votes
5 ignorant people that believe unions and politicians have their best interests

This is certainly one of the things I don't miss about the industry... Anyway, I ordered a Colorado ZR2 and Tacoma TRD PRO September 8th.

Plan was to run the Colorado for a bit to see if I like it, and find out where pricing falls for the new Yota... They don't even hit shelves until April/May 2024... but maybe I'll get it first :cry:

Gonna ramp this strike up a bit by end of week! Who blinks first? Hopefully not the guys on the 2500 line!

Gonna ramp this strike up a bit by end of week! Who blinks first? Hopefully not the guys on the 2500 line!
What ever happens...happens. It's not like I really need a 2500 HD anyway. Just another toy I could easily live without.

Reactions: AXE
What ever happens...happens. It's not like I really need a 2500 HD anyway. Just another toy I could easily live without.
There's a pile of them them about to deliver within a few hundred miles of you. You'll have no problem getting one.

There are two black ones that should be delivered in next two weeks near me. I put my name on a second one, but it's missing the multiflex tailgate and gooseneck hitch. If I get desperate I might buy it and trade it for my Bison when it's ready.

Trying to make other arrangements for my October trip, so may not need a new truck. Yesterday I went crazy and put in an offer for a Thor Freightliner Super Class C RV. If they take it, I won't need a tow rig.

Most Member Reactions

Back