Under Seat Tray w/Kicker Sub

The_Q

Founding Member
Reaction score
After installing the Kicker subwoofer, I felt something was missing where the Jack mounts. The sub requires the removal of the under seat storage bin. Not liking the sight or the Jack sitting there, I cut the removed bin to fit. I’m a lot more satisfied with how things look now.

Attachments

• A317FF81-D4F7-4B66-A612-9F363DCEB37E.jpeg
    A317FF81-D4F7-4B66-A612-9F363DCEB37E.jpeg
    485.7 KB · Views: 2,277
  • 788E2F44-A321-47DE-B73E-2ADEA8C1A61D.jpeg
    788E2F44-A321-47DE-B73E-2ADEA8C1A61D.jpeg
    440.3 KB · Views: 1,399
After installing the Kicker subwoofer, I felt something was missing where the Jack mounts. The sub requires the removal of the under seat storage bin. Not liking the sight or the Jack sitting there, I cut the removed bin to fit. I’m a lot more satisfied with how things look now.
Stupid question but where exactly does the sub sit in that picture? Also, do you think the sub was worth it? I plan to get it, and also ordered the truck with the rear under the seat storage, so I was trying to figure out what I would do.

Stupid question but where exactly does the sub sit in that picture? Also, do you think the sub was worth it? I plan to get it, and also ordered the truck with the rear under the seat storage, so I was trying to figure out what I would do.
The sub is in the large portion in the middle of the large plastic piece. It's a downward facing sub.

@GearheadSS answered the first part of your question as to location. As for if it was "worth it", it was to me. The Bose system really should have included a subwoofer. The under seat storage compartment will have to be removed. My ZR2 came with the basic storage tray. I didn't have any issues cutting it up. Had I not cut it up to use the part that I could, it would have just ended up in the attic or trash.

@GearheadSS answered the first part of your question as to location. As for if it was "worth it", it was to me. The Bose system really should have included a subwoofer. The under seat storage compartment will have to be removed. My ZR2 came with the basic storage tray. I didn't have any issues cutting it up. Had I not cut it up to use the part that I could, it would have just ended up in the attic or trash.
The Bose system has a sub. It's just not very powerful. It's under the center console.

Just checked the place I bought mine from. Looks like they may still have it.

Just checked the place I bought mine from. Looks like they may still have it.

Appreciate that. Order placed

Anything to watch out for with the install? Matt Ross made it seem pretty easy, but he also complained about the instructions and the small working space under the hood.

Does this sub integrate pretty seamlessly with the factory equipment? Is there any need for the additional 200 watt amp? 599 for just the sub seems like a pretty good deal opposed to the 1200+ with amp.

Does this sub integrate pretty seamlessly with the factory equipment? Is there any need for the additional 200 watt amp? 599 for just the sub seems like a pretty good deal opposed to the 1200+ with amp.
That package is for trucks without the Bose system. The Bose system already has an amplifier.

That package is for trucks without the Bose system. The Bose system already has an amplifier.
The "Bose" system in the ZR2 has paper cones, a terrible amp, and a weak subwoofer buried in the center console. The $600 for the add-on above includes the enclosure, speaker and amp. "This subwoofer system includes a high-efficiency 10" big-bass subwoofer with integrated 200-watt amplifier." If you want a quick plug and play solution, these are a nice addition. If you want a much more legit audio system in your truck you need to swap out all the speakers and do a high quality amp and woofer in the back. The head unit also has a very basic EQ. Any new system would massively benefit by adding a sound processor also. That swap out would cost $1500-$2k, but could run up to $4k + if you really max it out.

Most Member Reactions

Back