Water Leak

PandaDad

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum thing but thought I'd try looking for a little help here. During, or immediately after, a heavy rain I have water dripping from above the steering wheel. It is dripping from the little microphone cover. Any ideas? Thank you in advance and God bless.

Hi, I'm new to this forum thing but thought I'd try looking for a little help here. During, or immediately after, a heavy rain I have water dripping from above the steering wheel. It is dripping from the little microphone cover. Any ideas? Thank you in advance and God bless.
Shark fin antenna

If you have a sunroof then your drain might be stopped up and causing water to pool.
Well, I can almost hear the groans and laughter already but where do I find this drain ? Can it be blown clean with a compressor? I'm not much of a shade tree mechanic but down here in Guatemala I have to mostly fend for myself, lol(ish).

Well, I can almost hear the groans and laughter already but where do I find this drain ? Can it be blown clean with a compressor? I'm not much of a shade tree mechanic but down here in Guatemala I have to mostly fend for myself, lol(ish).
And thanks for the reply!!

It should be in the front corners of your sunroof frame. Most drain down the A pillars. If it is stopped up compressed air can do the trick. I've also used a straightened wire hanger or the like.

Antenna

It should be in the front corners of your sunroof frame. Most drain down the A pillars. If it is stopped up compressed air can do the trick. I've also used a straightened wire hanger or the like.
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me. God Bless.

i would check Sat ant.

Ugg. So sorry to hear! I have a sun/moon roof in mine and never had any issues. I have a car wash membership and usually run it 2 times /week . Sounds like the Sat antenna, otherwise it would saturate more than just by the microphone. For sure take it back to the dealership though!

Ugg. So sorry to hear! I have a sun/moon roof in mine and never had any issues. I have a car wash membership and usually run it 2 times /week . Sounds like the Sat antenna, otherwise it would saturate more than just by the microphone. For sure take it back to the dealership though!
Twice a week thru a car wash, Oh the horror! I bet its swirl city....

No it's called , "GO" car wash. And I only do it because I get it absolutely filthy with the desert dust and dirt. If it is windy the day after the wash I come out to my parking space to find the truck covered in a layer of dirt, like it was sitting in storage for 15yrs. The desert can be a monster!

No it's called , "GO" car wash. And I only do it because I get it absolutely filthy with the desert dust and dirt. If it is windy the day after the wash I come out to my parking space to find the truck covered in a layer of dirt, like it was sitting in storage for 15yrs. The desert can be a monster!
Previous gen was notorious for leaking from the XM antenna. Though they had fixed that, but you may want to check.

Nothing like a good monsoon dust storm to ruin a clean truck!

Thanks everybody for the help. I'll follow up and try the different suggestions. Unfortunately, where I'm at in Guatemala, I'm not able to get any dealer help.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back