Weapon Mounts

AXE

Reaction score
I finally came up with an option I liked to mount my CMMG Banshee 10mm AR pistol and Glock 29 10mm. I really like these weapons as they share the same mags and shoot 45 rounds with decent ballistics at the ready.

It mounted up solidly, better than I though it would. Might vibrate some over the roughest roads, but my initial testing was pretty good. You can change configuration easily and rifle will work in the prone position in the 1500 ZR2 too.

Here are the products I got all from Amazon.

Bulletpoint RubiGrid Metal Dash Mount Phone Holder Compatible with 2022+ Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra https://a.co/d/eVjqq4jy

Heavy Duty Metal AMPS Hole Pattern ELD Drinks Cup Holder Mount Compatible with Ham CB Pro Satellite Radio & All Universal 2 & 4 Hole fit AMPS Pattern mounting Device https://a.co/d/b4bO3ei

Kolpin 21570 Black 1.5" Rhino Grip, 2 Count (Pack of 1) https://a.co/d/2HaHxKr

Attachments

• 20240131_162200.jpg
    20240131_162200.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 20240131_162251.jpg
    20240131_162251.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 20240131_160916.jpg
    20240131_160916.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
The horizontal position mount is a little less stable and moves more over bumps. Not bad, but I thought that was going to be the better of the two initially. I guess in the vertical position you have the benefit of the weight resting on the butt.

It's also a little hard to deploy cause the rear rack attachment is behind your body.

Both positions are very easy to remove the weapon and wield quickly.

Last edited:
The horizontal position mount is a little less stable and moves more over bumps. Not bad, but I thought that was going to be the better of the two initially. I guess in the vertical position you have the benefit of the weight resting on the butt.

It's also a little hard to deploy cause the rear rack attachment is behind your body.

Both positions are very easy to remove the weapon and wield quickly.
I like the cup holder mounts. I have not seen one like that before. If I was talented enough, or had a 3D printer I would come up with something for the two storage bays on the driver/passenger side of the center console.

I will say the cup mounts have adjustable tension and are better than I thought. They have just a minimal amount of play in the interior stem, so just shy of solid.

I had originally planned to have some bases 3D printed and then I was gonna fab up some solid aluminum mounts. May still do that, as I think it'll be more sturdy.

Overall, a good start. I'm going hunting tomorrow, so I'll give it a better off road test.

For anyone keeping score, the government and ATF went 0-2 the last couple days on illegal bans for pistol braces and bump stocks. Trump was responsible for bump stocks ban. I've never owned a bump stock and don't care to, but it was an infringement on the 2A.

So feel free to get you a braced subgun and put it in your center console.

#2ALives

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240614_194618_X.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240614_194618_X.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 19
I finally came up with an option I liked to mount my CMMG Banshee 10mm AR pistol and Glock 29 10mm. I really like these weapons as they share the same mags and shoot 45 rounds with decent ballistics at the ready.

It mounted up solidly, better than I though it would. Might vibrate some over the roughest roads, but my initial testing was pretty good. You can change configuration easily and rifle will work in the prone position in the 1500 ZR2 too.

Bulletpoint RubiGrid Metal Dash Mount Phone Holder Compatible with 2022+ Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra https://a.co/d/eVjqq4jy

Heavy Duty Metal AMPS Hole Pattern ELD Drinks Cup Holder Mount Compatible with Ham CB Pro Satellite Radio & All Universal 2 & 4 Hole fit AMPS Pattern mounting Device https://a.co/d/b4bO3ei

that 10 years in Rikers Island for me. very nice!!

So where do you hold your beer? Old school between the legs like my dad did?

Might get beer nuts that way.

It snuggles up next to the buttstock pretty well, but I usually put it in the rear holder or door holder.

If you were rich back in the day you had one of those window hanger things with a can of Olympia in it.

Soooooo yea for us it was between the legs lol
I remember my dad's 3/4 ton GMC with a snow plow. We had a cooler between us on that bench seat. He would tell the old ladies he was charging beer or sex to plow their driveways.

The TSA gestapo tried to harass me coming through security. "Is this your bag" "do you have anything fragile or sharp" "this looks like a knife". Then she pulled it out like it was a machete and the look of disappointment was glorious. I said you know the saying, "looks can be deceiving".

I said you should see what I left in my center console!

These fucking commies are a waste of taxpayer money.

Attachments

• 20240614_213245.jpg
    20240614_213245.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
The TSA gestapo tried to harass me coming through security. "Is this your bag" do you have anything fragile or sharp" "this looks like a knife". Then she pulled it out like it was a machete and the look of disappointment was glorious. I said you know the saying, "looks can be deceiving".

I said look what I left in my center console!

TSA has 2 of my lock blades and a damn nice gerber of mine. They acted like I was the terrorist. I reminded them that I have caught more terrorists than all of them combined. Waste of tax dollars.

The TSA gestapo tried to harass me coming through security. "Is this your bag" do you have anything fragile or sharp" "this looks like a knife". Then she pulled it out like it was a machete and the look of disappointment was glorious. I said you know the saying, "looks can be deceiving".

I said look what I left in my center console!

I’m on the road A LOT. The number of pens, lighters, tools, suspicious looking items they’ve thrown out is staggering. All because they think that “it’s dangerous”. Pretty sure that they have an agreement with Amazon, because I buy cheep and in bulk to replace it all for the 80% of the time they let me through with it.
TSA has 2 of my lock blades and a damn nice gerber of mine. They acted like I was the terrorist. I reminded them that I have caught more terrorists than all of them combined. Waste of tax dollars.
Wish they would actually use the clearances some of us have and tie them to TSA Pre/Global Entry. Sadly, willing to bet there’s a good chunk of us on this site that have better backgrounds than those in TSA “protecting us”.

I’m on the road A LOT. The number of pens, lighters, tools, suspicious looking items they’ve thrown out is staggering. All because they think that “it’s dangerous”. Pretty sure that they have an agreement with Amazon, because I buy cheep and in bulk to replace it all for the 80% of the time they let me through with it.

Wish they would actually use the clearances some of us have and tie them to TSA Pre/Global Entry. Sadly, willing to bet there’s a good chunk of us on this site that have better backgrounds than those in TSA “protecting us”.
Have the terminals are full of people without IDs, just government paperwork saying he was just released from a Venezuelan prison, so he must be good.

Luckily I always arrive at the airport early… one trip to NY for biz, was flying back (tried to always go thru Newark - nicer, better food options, etc). I was in the security line and realized I left my Benchmade auto in my jacket pocket 😳. Jumped out of line, and was able to find a small duffel in a gift shop, packet my jacket with Benchmade in the pocket, and go back and have United check it in! Whewww!

I don’t know home many times I’ve gotten pulled aside and bags searched, and items swabbed that I was taking as gifts to customers, golf balls, etc. Once I had 8 wine aerators gift wrapped meticulously (just like my gifts from Japanese customers would be) packed in my carry on for a flight to Tokyo. Dumba$$e$ told me I had to unwrap ‘em all for testing. I flipped, told ‘em that was NOT happening, but if you go get me scissors and tape to re-wrap, I will unwrap ONE for you to inspect. They finally agreed surprisingly! In hindsight, that was probably not the smartest move I ever made.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back