What Aftermarket Wheels to Buy?

Having struggled to find a good tire/wheel combo that I felt fit the looks of the truck, while not pushing it too far while waiting for ZR2 aftermarket support (proper upper arms, leveling kits), I figured out that if you want a wheel that pushes the tires out, without too much poke, you’ll want a -12 offset and a tire no wider than 315. I have 285s on mine and wish I’d gone to a 295 or 315. If your wheel has a zero offset, like mine do, you’re going to want 1” spacers to get your tires flush with the truck with mild rubbing at max lock. If you’re using the stock wheels you can use 1.5” spacers and get minor rubbing at max lock (although some owners here have said that they get no rub with 1.5” spacers, so your situation may vary). You can see my posts about my Method 703s to see my progress with my fitment issues. Keep in mind though that if you get 1” spacers, like I do, you’re going to have to grind off some of the lug studs to get them to fit with your wheels because they’ll poke out too far.
Do you think if I got an 18" -12mm offset, with the stock tires, there would be rub?

I bet the dealer will ask around $1800 for those black wheels, and they will still have a horrible offset. The 18 with a -12 offset will likely not rub but every truck is different. You may have to trim some of the fender liner and remove the metal bracket from the rear of the fender but it also matters what width you go with. As long as you are staying stock tire size I don't think rubbing will be much of an issue

I bet the dealer will ask around $1800 for those black wheels, and they will still have a horrible offset. The 18 with a -12 offset will likely not rub but every truck is different. You may have to trim some of the fender liner and remove the metal bracket from the rear of the fender but it also matters what width you go with. As long as you are staying stock tire size I don't think rubbing will be much of an issue
$500 per wheel to be exact... lol. I don't like it, but I really do like those wheels, so I don't know. Still trying to decide.

You can get baller Enkei wheels for less than that, they are lighter, stronger and have a way better offset. Buying factory wheels is a waste IMO

I'll do $2000 for all 5 and get a shipping quote if you want.

I'll do $2000 for all 5 and get a shipping quote if you want.
Let me think about that... Let me also ask you this. If you were me and considering spending $500 per wheel, would you buy 5 of them, or buy 4 and get a cheaper OEM wheel of the same size for the spare? That's my other thought is buy 4, and instead of paying $500 for a spare tire wheel, pay $200 for something else...

Let me think about that... Let me also ask you this. If you were me and considering spending $500 per wheel, would you buy 5 of them, or buy 4 and get a cheaper OEM wheel of the same size for the spare? That's my other thought is buy 4, and instead of paying $500 for a spare tire wheel, pay $200 for something else...
I wouldn't consider spending $500 per wheel for stock, and if I am putting aftermarket on I'm buying 5 of the same.

I wouldn't consider spending $500 per wheel for stock, and if I am putting aftermarket on I'm buying 5 of the same.
The other thing is, the $500 per wheel doesn't even include the center caps or lug nuts, but i'm guessing the lug nuts are always separate.

Yep sounds about right for dealer pricing. Why are you still entertaining the idea lol

I would go that route then, granted you will have the same wheels as most on here but they look good

I would go that route then, granted you will have the same wheels as most on here but they look good
Oh believe me, I've tried to find something else for that reason, but I just keep going back to the Rebels... lol It seems like shipping wheels would be somewhere in the ballpark of $300 (based on some quick googling), so... If we were in a position to meet in person, yea I'd definitely consider buying yours. lol

You will get 5 wheels with center caps shipped to your door for $2300 then, can't beat that

Do you think if I got an 18" -12mm offset, with the stock tires, there would be rub?
There’s always a possibility, but I’d venture to say that you’re most likely going to be safe, especially if you’re using the stock 33”x275 tires.

There’s always a possibility, but I’d venture to say that you’re most likely going to be safe, especially if you’re using the stock 33”x275 tires.
Yea, I know the stock wheels are +26mm offset. If I go with the Fuel's, I may do the +1 offset, so not as far as -12mm, but better than +26

Does anyone know the rim and tire or combined weight of the stock ZR2 rim/tire combo?

Most Member Reactions

Back