What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

Added Bora 1.25” spacers today. Cutting the wheel studs was tedious but the end result was worth it.
Update:

I finally got my truck aligned.

After alignment, I do have rubbing on the back side of the front wheel wells while in reverse, wheels turned.

3/4” Peak spacers, Dirt King upper control arms, and 1.25” Bora wheel spacers.

I have stock wheels and tires

Update:

I finally got my truck aligned.

After alignment, I do have rubbing on the back side of the front wheel wells while in reverse, wheels turned.

3/4” Peak spacers, Dirt King upper control arms, and 1.25” Bora wheel spacers.

I have stock wheels and tires
Check out my trimming thread, if you cut a portion of the plastic molding on the rear of the wheel well you should be able to eliminate rubbing. I did mine 10k miles ago and it functions fine and you can hardly tell it was trimmed.

Check out my trimming thread, if you cut a portion of the plastic molding on the rear of the wheel well you should be able to eliminate rubbing. I did mine 10k miles ago and it functions fine and you can hardly tell it was trimmed.
I have read yours and others posts thoroughly. My trimming appears to be minimal at the time.

Will revisit once I push closer to 35’s.

So added the custom puddle lights. Would be nice if they had a ZR2 badge....

Attachments

• 20240424_194539.jpg
    20240424_194539.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240424_194523.jpg
    20240424_194523.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 31
It's all in your head my friend. It's just your brain trying to justify the expense. The K&N is actually the worst intake one could buy. It is not a closed box and is more of a HOT AIR INTAKE than anything. If anyone is going to buy one, it's for the looks, noise it may make and nothing more. @JGaray If you're hell bent on a CAI, then be sure to get a sealed box unit like a Volant, S&B, etc. Anything but the K&N or any other open box intake.

This mod has zero impact on mileage or HP gains. If you want HP gains, you'll need a tune plus more.

@JGaray - the OEM airbox is actually an EXCELLENT airbox as, many have shared on this forum. What I did, along with several others, is buy an Airaid Jr. Kit that keeps the stock MAF in place, attaches to the OEM box and replaces the air pipe. It gets that big UGLY rectangular box out of the engine bay and smooths out the air flow a bit. I did mine for looks and nothing more. Then drop a great quality DRY filter in (no oiled filter) and call it a day.

Quick question...I was looking at the Airaid Jr kit and they also have a closed box intake for $50 more. Wat are your thoughts? Pros vs cons? Thanks!

Looks good. Im looking all around then the Chevy logo pops out. I think you right a ZR2 probably look cooler. Where there wires already there? What did you tap into?😀
They are OEM replacements from the dealership. You just pop the old ones out slide the wires off and pop the new ones back in. Literally less than 5 minutes. Here's the part number.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_122740_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_122740_YouTube.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 13
Sunday I installed Talons garage engine, trans and tcase skids (new for the 3.0).
One of 2 or 3 people who trialed the first batch from Talons- these things are epic!
Dope quality and fit. Highly recommend Talons garage.

Also installed some ditch lights and hooked em up to aGarmin Powerswitch-
Which is an Android or Apple controlled switch unit that doesn't require you to fit physical switches in the cab or relays.
Controllable off your phone or any anroidauto or apple carplay enabled headunit too.

Took about 6 hours all up- but I'm injured atm, so I'm slow af.
Last bit of fun truck work before I get surgery next week.

Think I've lined up a guy to fab me rock sliders finally- in June however.

Attachments

• 20240428_134810.jpg
    20240428_134810.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240428_153925.jpg
    20240428_153925.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Snapchat-1271371716.mp4
    7.5 MB
  • Snapchat-2068641370.mp4
    11.7 MB
  • Snapchat-522202655.mp4
    5.7 MB
  • Snapchat-1652080517.mp4
    6.9 MB
That’s the kit I installed a year ago and made the forum group aware of it. Great product!
The closed box or the Jr kit? I saw your info on the Jr kit and was checking it out when I saw that they also made a closed box full CAI kit. I was interested on if the $50 difference is worth going full CAI or stick with the Jr kit. BTW, thanks for all the info you guys provide on this forum, I've lived on here for over a week since I got my truck, haha!!

The closed box or the Jr kit? I saw your info on the Jr kit and was checking it out when I saw that they also made a closed box full CAI kit. I was interested on if the $50 difference is worth going full CAI or stick with the Jr kit. BTW, thanks for all the info you guys provide on this forum, I've lived on here for over a week since I got my truck, haha!!
You don’t need to change out the air box. The OEM air box is quite nice. I put an AEM dry filter in it and just installed the charge pipe and fittings. All plug and play and cleans up the engine bay quite nicely. By using the Jr. kit, the MAF sensor remains in the factory position which is most ideal.

You don’t need to change out the air box. The OEM air box is quite nice. I put an AEM dry filter in it and just installed the charge pipe and fittings. All plug and play and cleans up the engine bay quite nicely. By using the Jr. kit, the MAF sensor remains in the factory position which is most ideal.
Got it, that makes great sense. As I was searching air intake info I saw that K&N owns Airaid 😬😁

Added the cheapo Amazon tips to the Borla S Type. I think I helped the sound quite a bit. I have never really been a fan of dumped tips. Shooting the sound directly at the concrete distorts the sound IMO. Has a proper 6.2l American rumble now! 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Attachments

• IMG_1943.jpeg
    IMG_1943.jpeg
    288.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1944.jpeg
    IMG_1944.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 28

Most Member Reactions

Back