ZR2 Appreciation Thread

ZR2EDDYB

Reaction score
Like all passionate groups, we like to post about issues/problems we find with the ZR2. We all bought this truck for a reason. We saw, felt, or experienced something we liked.

What do you find enjoyable/ appealing / well executed / etc. about the ZR2. There are so many positives to this truck we don’t talk about.

Sure I'll play. I think the interior layout is spot on and all the material choices are nice. Except maybe the piano black, But I think that's in every trim. Shocks are obviously great. Two options that weren't available on lots of other trims like a trail boss. The camera mirror and Hud. I didn't think I'd actually even like those much. After getting use to them and having them for a bit. They now are probably some of my favorite features. I really miss them when I drive a different vehicle.

I really enjoy the power and comfort of the truck. My wife enjoys the ride so much it has become our road trip vehicle.

I have also been lucky enough to have a well functioning infotainment center. The screen is clear and the 360 cameras work really well when parking or out exploring our property.

I LOVE this truck! My only complaint is the infotainment system. I cannot do OTAs and the infamous auto muting of the source at start-up for the first 10-15 minutes is annoying. Still thinking about getting a 24 ZR2 Diesel this coming Christmas.

I love it for what it is and what it isn’t. It’s built “tight”, engine/power is as much as I truly need, shocks are exactly what I hoped for and a game changer factory option. Love the look and interior. It isn’t a supercharged motor to make mileage even worse and it’s not a wide body making off road access for hunting, camping, hiking, etc more difficult. I was about to trade it back initially due to the seats being a literal pain in the a$$ and then they broke in and the truck is pretty comfy.

Main issues I’ve had are infotainment software related, which should eventually get dialed in. I genuinely do not like the auto stop/start won’t stay off and the AFM/DFM as I can feel it, don’t care what anyone says. Lifters still being a concern at all are truly unfortunate on GMs part…I’ve spoke for a 24 diesel to roll the dice with emissions junk instead.

I love it for what it is and what it isn’t. It’s built “tight”, engine/power is as much as I truly need, shocks are exactly what I hoped for and a game changer factory option. Love the look and interior. It isn’t a supercharged motor to make mileage even worse and it’s not a wide body making off road access for hunting, camping, hiking, etc more difficult. I was about to trade it back initially due to the seats being a literal pain in the a$$ and then they broke in and the truck is pretty comfy.

Main issues I’ve had are infotainment software related, which should eventually get dialed in. I genuinely do not like the auto stop/start won’t stay off and the AFM/DFM as I can feel it, don’t care what anyone says. Lifters still being a concern at all are truly unfortunate on GMs part…I’ve spoke for a 24 diesel to roll the dice with emissions junk instead.
Right there with you my friend...spot on!

Clearly the excellent suspension package is the thing that sets this truck apart, otherwise it's just another loaded truck.

Mostly, I like knowing that GM warranty and customer service is gonna pull out all the stops and get me a new motor in 90 to 180 days of my crank bearing or lifters getting smoked in first 12 months of ownership! Knowing there is service after the sale really inspires confidence in this awesome truck!

Last edited:
I've had more trucks than I can count over the years and this is my favorite so far. It's not just the new/tech either. I get more compliments on the Glacier Blue than any other truck I've had. I also love the suspension and ride on this....on the highway or fields it just soaks up terrain. Last two things are the interior: which is FINALLY! not all black and the layout is clean; and the recently added Borla GM(S-type) exhaust...makes it sound like a V8 should.

This is my first truck, but I came from a v8 4x4 4Runner. The power is great and the comfort is surprisingly good for a truck. Not just the interior quality, but the suspension is remarkably composed and comfortable on the road but still phenomenal off pavement. Tires are really decent for stock treads as far as a balance of noise and handling. Even getting through thick mud wasn't an issue.

The look is great and I also get complements and thumbs up for that Glacier Blue color which the black accents look awesome with.

The bed is easy to get in and out of for how tall the truck is and the bed liner is holding up really well so far. I love being able to just blow or pressure wash it out (coming from an SUV).

I love it, but wish I could do exhaust and I plan on improving audio. Holding off on exhaust until my 1 year old is past her need for her late morning nap since her room is right above the driveway.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back