ZR2 options

nibael

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, my name is Nick. I have a Sand Dune ZR2 ordered and I'm really excited. I was wondering what options people are ordering on their trucks? Mine doesn't have a sunroof, I went with the tech package, I got the gold trim wheel instead of full black and no running boards. I also got the power tailgate instead of the Multi Flex, I have a GMC now and I wanted to go back to the full tailgate. Of Course, everyone is different, no wrong answers here, just curious what folks went with.

Ordered mine in the new blue that was an upcharge (not sure why on a $70K truck), moonroof, black wheels, tech package and multi flex tailgate. I believe that was every option? Told my dealer I wanted the round nerf bars on the side but they said they are not available from the factory yet? Dunno what to think there? Was gonna add the power tailgate but after reading your post above, I am guessing it is one or the other but not both...

I went with the Tech Pkg, Sunroof, and Multi Flex tailgate. That tailgate is one of the reasons I even considered a GM product. It blows Ford and Ram's tailgates out of the water IMO. I'lll get a lot of use out of it.

I'm disappointed that GM hasn't jumped on the panoramic sunroof bandwagon. They let in a lot of light and make the cabin feel more open. Also, when driving through the Rocky Mountains, my wife and son love looking up at the peaks.

I skipped the side steps so I could look at aftermarket rock rail options. I'll order GMs rock rails later, if I don't find what I want.

Ordered mine in the new blue that was an upcharge (not sure why on a $70K truck), moonroof, black wheels, tech package and multi flex tailgate. I believe that was every option? Told my dealer I wanted the round nerf bars on the side but they said they are not available from the factory yet? Dunno what to think there? Was gonna add the power tailgate but after reading your post above, I am guessing it is one or the other but not both...
That Blue is a great color choice, I almost went that way myself.

Ordered Same truck except I went with the power tailgate and will be adding the high clearance steps. Build date 3/7

Ordered Same truck except I went with the power tailgate and will be adding the high clearance steps. Build date 3/7
I haven't seen anyone with the high clearance steps as of yet, curious to see them to decide if I should get these or go with an aftermarket option

I order trucks for a dealership, I have 2 for stock ZR2s that I did, both have the high clearance steps on them. I figure most folks would like a step on these trucks given their height. High clearance looks good on AT4s as well.

What do those high clearance steps look like?

they have been available for previous trucks. i have done them on AT4s, I am assuming there are the same. They are tucked up high, covered in a bedliner looking coating. prolly 5" or so inches wide, aluminum. they look good.

Here's a pic of them on a ZR2 from the Chevy Accessories site.

1645730232040.png

1645730175743.png

Attachments

• 1645730078560.png
    1645730078560.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 88
I have my zr2 ordered is at 3400 broadcast now hope it will be here soon . I got all the options except the tailgate and sunroof. Went with the new blue though and black wheels.

I went with the Tech Pkg, Sunroof, and Multi Flex tailgate. That tailgate is one of the reasons I even considered a GM product. It blows Ford and Ram's tailgates out of the water IMO. I'lll get a lot of use out of it.

I'm disappointed that GM hasn't jumped on the panoramic sunroof bandwagon. They let in a lot of light and make the cabin feel more open. Also, when driving through the Rocky Mountains, my wife and son love looking up at the peaks.

I skipped the side steps so I could look at aftermarket rock rail options. I'll order GMs rock rails later, if I don't find what I want.
The pano roofs are nice but they all eventually end up creaking, rattling and leaking especially if you actually use your truck off pavement. The standard roof while not the latest and greatest is the better option for an off road truck if you want glass on the roof imho

It would be nice if chevy takes a page out of the ford bronco and predrill and wire accessories. Would love to have a simple no drill option for the race truck front bumper bar w lights!!

Anyone know what the exhaust is going to be ? as you cannot build with a performance exhaust option.

Most Member Reactions

Back