2022 ZR2 Silverado transmission issues, 6k mileage

SwanyZR2

Reaction score
purchased new, two major issues this far, the 1st one (electrical ) they fixed, this trany issue started a couples months back.
10 speed transmission, so mostly at speeds 40mph, it’s almost like its toggling between gears, you can feel the hits while it does it more than hear it, what gear it’s in (7,8,9,10) it does not matter.
Then it stops, then it’s back, full auto or Manual shift does not make any difference. It does not toggle on deceleration Just at normal driving or acceleration. Dealers aware and it’ll be be looked at.
I think if I have one more major issue, it’s gone, screw the unreliability.

purchased new, two major issues this far, the 1st one (electrical ) they fixed, this trany issue started a couples months back.
10 speed transmission, so mostly at speeds 40mph, it’s almost like its toggling between gears, you can feel the hits while it does it more than hear it, what gear it’s in (7,8,9,10) it does not matter.
Then it stops, then it’s back, full auto or Manual shift does not make any difference. It does not toggle on deceleration Just at normal driving or acceleration. Dealers aware and it’ll be be looked at.
Unfortunately, every thing today has reliability issues regardless of make or model. Ford has the most recalls of any manufacturer in the history of recalls. It's truly hit or miss today and, post-COVID, quality and workmanship went to hell in a hand basket:(

As the saying goes......."if it ain't one thing, it's another".......or "if something can go wrong, it will" ...........or "tits or tires, you're gonna have problems"

im in agreement. how much more should we take? hopefully isolated and you get it fixed. good luck

Reactions: AXE
We shouldn't take this. We shouldn't tolerate this. I won't tolerate this any more. Who's with me?
Vehicles have become more and more complex in recent history. It’s a trend that will continue for the forseeable future. Everything is electronic now for safety and or CAFE requirements (Government Mandates) or as automakers dick measure each other on the latest gimmick to stuff into a vehicle.

We have reached a time where they don’t build electronics into a vehicle, but a vehicle around the electronics. Those electronics are not validated to the same degree as most consumer electronics. Like phones, or PC’s. But it’s what SELLS the products. The consumer (minus this small fraction of a fraction the market here on the forum) buy vehicles FOR tech.

My Truck has been a mess in the infotainment department since I bought it. Nothing has ever worked exactly right and I’m a year into ownership.

The TSB should solve the drivability concerns however. Anytime you buy year 1 of any make model you will have the engineering bugs to work out with the automaker.

Last edited:
Vehicles have become more and more complex in recent history. It’s a trend that will continue for the forseeable future. Everything is electronic now for safety and or CAFE requirements (Government Mandates) or as automakers dick measure each other on the latest gimmick to stuff into a vehicle.

We have reached a time where they don’t build electronics into a vehicle, but a vehicle around the electronics. Those electronics are not validated to the same degree as most consumer electronics. Like phones, or PC’s. But it’s what SELLS the products. The consumer (minus this small fraction of a fraction the market here on the forum) buy vehicles FOR tech.

My Truck has been a mess in the infotainment department since I bought it. Nothing has ever worked exactly right and I’m a year into ownership.

The TSB should solve the drivability concerns however. Anytime you buy year 1 of any make model you will have the engineering bugs to work out with the automaker.
Well said Sir! You would think with all the test miles manufacturers put on the trucks, most of the weak points would show up. Wishful thinking, I guess, LOL.

Unfortunately, every thing today has reliability issues regardless of make or model. Ford has the most recalls of any manufacturer in the history of recalls. It's truly hit or miss today and, post-COVID, quality and workmanship went to hell in a hand basket:(
Ford’s trucks also have some of the worst body lines and build quality in the industry. If you actually look at a Ford truck minus the “new” factor of the vehicle nothing lines up like a GM or a Dodge.

Most of that has to do with the construction. Lots of tolerance in adhesives and rivets as that’s how aluminum vehicles are constructed.

Ford’s trucks also have some of the worst body lines and build quality in the industry. If you actually look at a Ford truck minus the “new” factor of the vehicle nothing lines up like a GM or a Dodge.

Most of that has to do with the construction. Lots of tolerance in adhesives and rivets as that’s how aluminum vehicles are constructed.
I've never been a FORD fan. I had great success with two prior Sierra Denalis and two RAM 1500 Limited 4X4s. I would look at a RAM again if GM does something stupid.

Wutang, just curious when your build was. My truck was built in June 22, arrived at dealer in August 22 and sat in their back lot for 6 months until I bought it in February 23. I believe they updated the software just before I bought it.

I only have about 3k on mine. My infotainment cuts out and sometimes the nav seems to have a shitty connection with phone. Otherwise not much of a problems.

I'm more pissed about the soft clear coat and paint then anything.

Wutang, just curious when your build was. My truck was built in June 22, arrived at dealer in August 22 and sat in their back lot for 6 months until I bought it in February 23. I believe they updated the software just before I bought it.

I only have about 3k on mine. My infotainment cuts out and sometimes the nav seems to have a shitty connection with phone. Otherwise not much of a problems.

I'm more pissed about the soft clear coat and paint then anything.

Mine was built in April and delivered to the dealer in May (2022)

I’m on my second radio and talking to the technician’s GM currently has almost no training or service guides for the new google system as of yet. Hundreds of open items with no solutions besides change the radio.

Radio is on v170.0 according to the last trip to the dealer (May 25th) and will end up needing a third radio more then likely to fix my issues. I will say that the skipping audio and blinking album art have stopped.

The Clear coat is very soft. I F’ed a small spot with Cerakote for the trim. Etched it pretty good. Truck since has been ceramic coated and my concerns have lessened with that.

Word of advice to the forum though, bugs and bird shit WILL etch the clear coat quickly if you let it sit. Don’t mess around with it.
IMG_0569.jpeg

My truck is at the dealer with a transmission issue (?). Truck is not recognizing that it is in park / stopped / off? The radio won't turn off when exiting - and doesn't turn off if left after a certain amount of time. Service transmission warning on the dash. Dealer replaced the valve body per GM's recommendation but that didn't do anything. Not sure what they will try next.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back