2024 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 ZR2 First Test: Surprisingly Quick and Capable Off-Roader

Thanks for sharing. I’m not a fan of the lane keep assist. My wife’s suv has it and I find it annoying and now just keep it turned off.

Honestly, these trucks and getting too fancy for my liking especially since I keep my vehicles for a very long time. Just seems like more stuff to break at some point and this electronic wizardry is typically not something the average joe can repair.

The one nice thing about some of the electronic wizardry stuff is, if well designed, well built and burned in, AND it makes it past the infant mortality stage (usually about 2 years), it could likely be good for 20-25 years or more. Given the complexity of these systems and the software, and the fact that the automotive manufacturers aren't exactly MIL/NASA spec, we're probably all screwed in 3/36K.

Thanks for sharing. I’m not a fan of the lane keep assist. My wife’s suv has it and I find it annoying and now just keep it turned off.

Honestly, these trucks and getting too fancy for my liking especially since I keep my vehicles for a very long time. Just seems like more stuff to break at some point and this electronic wizardry is typically not something the average joe can repair.
i find lane keep slightly annoying too but wont shut it off. i shut the audio and use seat alert.

I find LKA a bit bothersome too, I try to remember to bump my turn signal when I change lanes or whatever to keep from getting buzzed every time I go to pass someone, and I do kind of appreciate the gentle nudge in the steering if I am not paying enough attention to my lane placement from time to time, so I am adjusting to it pretty well and will continue to use it with seat vibrate only, I try to turn off as many voice alerts as possible, if I could only find that setting on my wife ;)

I find LKA a bit bothersome too, I try to remember to bump my turn signal when I change lanes or whatever to keep from getting buzzed every time I go to pass someone, and I do kind of appreciate the gentle nudge in the steering if I am not paying enough attention to my lane placement from time to time, so I am adjusting to it pretty well and will continue to use it with seat vibrate only, I try to turn off as many voice alerts as possible, if I could only find that setting on my wife ;)
Maybe you're not bumping her in the right spot ;)

100%. its gets boring on the NYS Thruway so with lane assist on, i like to see how long i can keep hands off steering wheel. lol. pretty cool tech.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back