2024 Chevrolet SilveradoHD 2500 ZR2 Bison Duramax First Drive

supersix

Administrator
Founding Member
Reaction score

C-techReview shares their first impression of the all new refreshed 2024 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500 6.6l duramax diesel ZR2.

2024-chevyzr2-aev-silver.png

Looks like it'll fit some sporty 38s too!

One of the dealers called me today and said they had a white one arriving soon and wanted to make a deal.

I had the same happen on a white one. Once you go BLACK you'll never go back!
Yep. This is the white one they have coming. Nice rig, but not for me.

I see there are 45 ZR2s in the inventory system. It won't be long before someone has one on the street. Still no ETA on my build......ain't holding my breath.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230903_154120_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230903_154120_Chrome.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 78
Yep. This is the white one they have coming. Nice rig, but not for me.

I see there are 45 ZR2s in the inventory system. It won't be long before someone has one on the street. Still no ETA on my build......ain't holding my breath.
I’m pretty anxious to get up close and personal with one. Be interesting to see how well the multi matics perform and hold up over time on the HD. I really like the setup and looks overall, glad they finally got us an option.

They couldn’t get rid of that GM rake though, even on the HD 🤷‍♂️ (aftermarket leveling kit companies must love GM)

I’m pretty anxious to get up close and personal with one. Be interesting to see how well the multi matics perform and hold up over time on the HD. I really like the setup and looks overall, glad they finally got us an option.

They couldn’t get rid of that GM rake though, even on the HD 🤷‍♂️ (aftermarket leveling kit companies must love GM)
I swear it's because they can save 0.001 mpg in the wind tunnel and across the fleet they make friends with the EPA. Has no practical advantage for anyone driving one.

It looks great! I'm anxious to test drive one to see how it does.

Dealer says mine should arrive in about 3 weeks. I have not seen any slate grey on the inventory list yet
Look forward to hearing your thoughts. What are you coming from? May be one of the first ones to get that color.

I live in a 12k population town in SW Missouri, thought I was going to have something special when I got my black ‘22 zr2 as they were hard to get your hands on at that time…within a month or so another black one showed up in town and then a red one on its heels 😅 Enjoyed it either way, just had to chuckle when I saw both of them roll through town.

Reactions: AXE
Look forward to hearing your thoughts. What are you coming from? May be one of the first ones to get that color.

I live in a 12k population town in SW Missouri, thought I was going to have something special when I got my black ‘22 zr2 as they were hard to get your hands on at that time…within a month or so another black one showed up in town and then a red one on its heels 😅 Enjoyed it either way, just had to chuckle when I saw both of them roll through town.
I have a 2011 2500 Silverado Duramax LTZ Z71 that this will replace and I have a 2018 ZR2 Colorado with a Duramax that I am impressed with daily I am keeping to give my son. I ordered my ZR2 in 2017 it was one of the first in Louisiana and still to this day it is the only one I have seen with the Duramax. I have only seen 2 other ZR2 Colorado’s around here and have never seen a 1500 ZR2 aside from at a dealership.

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpeg
    IMG_0561.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8507.jpeg
    IMG_8507.jpeg
    453.3 KB · Views: 24
That slate grey color will be a dime a dozen like every other color. It's already been done on previous GM models. Also every other manufacturer has already had that color in the last five years including Toyota, Ford, Honda, and Hyundai.....probably called some other bullshit name like storms a gathering gray or the ol gray mare, or the gray ghost. Nothing is unique it's all been done before, these are basically the same as the 2015s with some new bits.

I may put a deposit on this slate gray one. I don't think mine will be here in time for my October hunt trip, so might get this one, then trade it. Supposed to get me a delivery date and I'll decide.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230905_165419_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230905_165419_Chrome.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
That slate grey color will be a dime a dozen like every other color. It's already been done on previous GM models. Also every other manufacturer has already had that color in the last five years including Toyota, Ford, Honda, and Hyundai.....probably called some other bullshit name like storms a gathering gray or the ol gray mare, or the gray ghost. Nothing is unique it's all been done before, these are basically the same as the 2015s with some new bits.

I may put a deposit on this slate gray one. I don't think mine will be here in time for my October hunt trip, so might get this one, then trade it. Supposed to get me a delivery date and I'll decide.
That one is not Slate Grey it is Sharkskin Grey. I don’t care who has the Slate Grey I love the color. This one is the slate grey. Also I read that the Slate Grey is on hold so mine just made it I am thinking they will probably be more common later but not very common at the beginning due to the color hold.

Attachments

• IMG_0453.jpeg
    IMG_0453.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 42
I must have read the Slate Gray Metallic listed below the truck picture wrong....... I'll go read it again.

The only other gray I'm aware of is Sterling Gray Metallic.

Sharkskin Gray........... I'm definitely getting that one tho.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back