285/65R18 k02s just arrived! Installing them tomorrow!

285/65 is an inch wider and only 1/2an inch smaller in height.I am mainly concerned with the speedometer calibration and since my trail boss was lifted with 35/12.5s on it i developed an appreciation for the extra width and the 285/65s don’t mess up the speedometer on stock rims as well as no rubbing.

285/65 is an inch wider and only 1/2an inch smaller in height.I am mainly concerned with the speedometer calibration and since my trail boss was lifted with 35/12.5s on it i developed an appreciation for the extra width and the 285/65s don’t mess up the speedometer on stock rims as well as no rubbing.
i should add that i had to use a pulsar lt in the trail boss to fix the tire size speedometer issue and since there is no tuner for these refreshed trucks yet this is my tire of choice on stock rims and no lift.

i should add that i had to use a pulsar lt in the trail boss to fix the tire size speedometer issue and since there is no tuner for these refreshed trucks yet this is my tire of choice on stock rims and no lift.
here they are.
26557BA3-B36C-40AB-8077-9DF8B876BB16.jpeg

these are only on the truck until the spring then hopefully the pulsar lt works on refreshed trucks and then,34x12.5s are going on it with new offset rims.These will do for now.The truck doesn’t feel like it has car tires anymore.ride is as it should be now,like a truck.

Looks good !
Just curious our stock tires are 33.2”,
34”x12.5r18 bfg all terrains are 33.5”
Would that make enough difference to need pulsar?

Looks good !
Just curious our stock tires are 33.2”,
34”x12.5r18 bfg all terrains are 33.5”
Would that make enough difference to need pulsar?
for the speedometer calibration,yes.my 2020 trail boss had a bds lift done by the dealership.came with 35x12.5r20s. long story short,until i put in the pulsar it did not function properly.

for the speedometer calibration,yes.my 2020 trail boss had a bds lift done by the dealership.came with 35x12.5r20s. long story short,until i put in the pulsar it did not function
for the speedometer calibration,yes.my 2020 trail boss had a bds lift done by the dealership.came with 35x12.5r20s. long story short,until i put in the pulsar it did not function properly.
they’d be off by 2.6% on the spedo.

Well yeah, because you went from 33" to 35". That's why your speedo was off by what it was. Going from a 33.2(factory Territory MT) to a 33.5(BFG) will be such a small difference that it's really not worth the cost of the Pulsar to correct it. You're talking about 7/10 of a mph at 70mph.

Last edited:
Are you 16 or 17?
Personally,I think you are unable,or simply not mature enough to accept that other people have their own taste in what they like and do not like.Simply put,I think i should ask you if you are 16 or 17.Just for your remarks.I do not have a preference.The dealership asked and i said whatever.

Well yeah, because you went from 33" to 35". That's why your speedo was off by what it was. Going from a 33.2(factory Territory MT) to a 33.5(BFG) will be such a small difference that it's really not worth the cost of the Pulsar to correct it. You're talking about 7/10 of a mph at 70mph.
I would agree.I think (because i spoke to the guy’s at Edge products),since i have a pulsar lt from the trail boss,they said they are working on an update for the refreshed trucks.This said,it shuts off the auto shut off as well as the dfm.it also fine tunes the tire size and tire pressure.All in all,i’ll wait.I am going to swap the upper control arms at the same time so it will all get done in the spring.

Curious, have you actually seen if your speedometer is accurate from the factory? Both my Rebel and Raptor(s) were off 1-2 mph slower from the factory. I'm not sure if Chevy does the same.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back